Search results

1. Notahandyman

Americast tub any good?

I know I've read something about bathtub materials on the forum, but can't seem to find it now - so, I'll start a new thread. I am torn between an Acrylic tub & American Standard's, Americast. Since the Americast is steel with enamel coating, will it rust in a couple yrs. time? Also, is the...
  2. Notahandyman

Opinion on Cast iron/vs. Acrylic, Vikrell

Can anyone tell me what would be the best choice of material for new bathtub. I would like cast iron, but it might be awfully hard to install with the small bathroom area I have. Is acrylic better than Vikrell? I KNOW fiberglass sucks, since I've had that for the last 30 yrs. & don't want...
  3. Notahandyman

new bathtub installation

We have a '70's bathtub - one piece fiberglass unit (yikes!) in a 3 wall alcove, & want to replace with a cast iron tub & marble surround, but our tub measures only 58'' instead of the standard 60''. Is this normal to only have 58'' or is that 2 inches I need somehow hidden in the wall? I...
  4. Notahandyman

Old plumbing - Do I need to update for toilet?

Hello, I'm new to your forum, but I'm hoping someone can answer a few questions for me. My plumbing is from 1977 & the contractors that did the plumbing did a hellacious job of plumbing - cutting & gluing, rather than using threaded pipes in the walls & we're now beginning to replace...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks