Search results

1. GoshenPlumber

HVAC intermittent smell from ceiling vents - How to fix??

Heat pump American Standard Compressor 3 ton model 4A6H4036D1000AA Air Handler model TEM4AOC36S41SAA APCO UV-C system mounted in duct upstream of air handler coil on 24 hours/day Heat pump in condo in SW Virginia. Compressor is on the building roof, air handler in utility closet in hallway...
  2. GoshenPlumber

Enzymatic drain cleaner to stop shower drain blank gunk buildup?

Once each month we have to clean the black gunk out of the shower drain. Ugh - hate it!! Can periodically pouring some enzymatic drain cleaner into the drain prevent this black gunk? If so, can you recommend some products? Thank you!!
  3. GoshenPlumber

Toto Drake fill valve makes strange noises

Hey, if I had a $1 for every time I was crabby.... :) Anyway, I have type A. I will buy and install the Korky 528MPK at Lowes. Thanks!!!!!!
  4. GoshenPlumber

To wjcandee: I understand what you wrote above and do respect your investment of time. In my case, I just misunderstood your post #3. I am sure your post was clear to you, but was not clear for me which was my fault. I apologize.....
  5. GoshenPlumber

Thank you for the information!! I should have looked closer at my installation -- I have a Toto GMax fill valve. Can this fill valve be repaired or cleaned, or must I replace it?
  6. GoshenPlumber

Toilet: Toto Drake CST744S The fill valve makes a strange squealing noise as the tank reaches the end of the fill. Questions: (1) What is the cause of this noise? (2) Can the fill valve be repaired / cleaned to stop this noise? If so, does anyone have instructions on how to repair / clean...
  7. GoshenPlumber

How to remove handle from Danze faucet D304056

SOLVED!!! Used a rubber strap wrench to loosen the handle - was probably put on too tight at initial installation. I needed to replace both the cartridge (yes, it is replaced from above) and the handle (interior threads stripped).
  8. GoshenPlumber

How to remove handle from Danze faucet D304056

I called Danze and they said that the handle assembly can be unscrewed from the top. Mine is too tight. Using a wrench to loosen it - even with cardboard or similar material under the wrench - will mar the soft metal body of the handle. Is my only choice to remove the mounting hardware assembly...
  9. GoshenPlumber

How to loosen soft metal faucet assembly without scratching metal

I need to remove the handle from my bathroom sink faucet in order to replace the ceramic disc cartridge. My problem -- I cannot figure our how to grip the faucet assembly with a wrench in order to loosen the assembly without scratching the soft metal. This problem is best illustrated with the...
  10. GoshenPlumber

How to seal water line on outside to prevent leak into basement

This post is similar to a question I posted a few months ago. However I have some new questions with which I would appreciate help. See attached drawing for reference. My 1 inch plastic water pipe from the utility comes through the basement wall inside an 8 foot PVC sleeve which runs...
  11. GoshenPlumber

How to apply caulk to seal water pipe through basement wall

Thank you for responding!! Unfortunately the pipe was not caulked on the outside. I could dig down and seal it, but for reasons that I can't go into in this post, I'd rather not. Since the previous caulking job lasted for 10 years (!!), I should also be able to seal the PVC sleeve from the...
  12. GoshenPlumber

How to apply caulk to seal water pipe through basement wall

My 1 inch plastic water pipe from the utility comes through the basement wall inside a 10 foot long plastic sleeve which runs underneath the front porch. The sleeve runs downhill from the front of the porch to where it enters the basement wall. In the basement, the installers caulked the space...
  13. GoshenPlumber

What caulk to use to seal water pipe through basement wall

Best way to remove old silicone caulk? I agree -- too bad the past homeowners did not seal the sleeve from the outside. But there appears to be very little water in the sleeve. So far about 7 ounces has drained out and the drip is slowing, so I am probably seeing years of moisture...
  14. GoshenPlumber

Here is an image of what I described in this post.
  15. GoshenPlumber

Why do plumbing jobs always leak

In the 19 years I have lived in my house, almost every plumbing job that has been done has had a leak which did not show up for a day or two. This required me to recall the plumber to fix the leak. I have tried different plumbers from different companies and still almost every plumbing job has a...
  16. GoshenPlumber

I need caulk or another material recommendation. My 1 inch plastic water pipe comes through my basement wall inside a plastic sleeve. Where the pipe comes through the wall, the space between the inside of the sleeve and the outside of the pipe is caulked with some kind of caulk (silicone?) to...
  17. GoshenPlumber

Hot water tank - How to pump water from pan to sink

I am replacing my hot water tank after 15 years. I want to install a collection pan under the new tank to collect any leaks. My basement does not have floor drains and none can be added. Instead I want to place a pump in the pan that will be activated by water filling the pan. The pump would...
  18. GoshenPlumber

Watts Pressure regulator does not hold water pressure

I solved my problem! Now I would like your opinions as to why my solution worked. Here is what I did. First I turned on an outside faucet so that there was constant water running through the house piping. Then in the water meter pit upstream of the PRV, I turned the shutoff valve off and on...
  19. GoshenPlumber

Recommendation for reliable electric water heater

Time to replace my 14 year old electric water heater. I am looking for brand recommendations. In my area (Morgantown, WV), the following brands are available from local suppliers: AO Smith, Emax, Noritz, GE, Whirlpool, American Water Heater, Rheem, Bradford White My #1 priority is...
  20. GoshenPlumber

Watts Pressure regulator does not hold water pressure

I have a Watts 1 inch pressure regulator (series 25AUB) in an outdoor underground pit (about 3.5 feet below the surface) that was installed in 2005. The regulator is used to drop the city supply pressure which ranges from 100 to 130 PSI (as measured at the water meter) to a pressure of about 40...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks