Search results

1. Mckeand13

Flare fitting help

It’s not a mobile home. Single family residential. I’ll call the mfg and get details on the fitting.
  2. Mckeand13

Flare fitting help

I'm planning on installing a gas insert but need help figuring out what fitting to pick up for the connection to the insert. I'll be running 1/2" soft copper to it, but the fitting required at the connection on the insert has me stumped. I can get more/better pics if that would be useful. The...
  3. Mckeand13

Check valve after tank tee? Why?

Ok, that does make sense. So why would a check valve be used on the inlet side? I've got a foot valve at the pump already checking.
  4. Mckeand13

Check valve after tank tee? Why?

I’ve been shopping around for a new pressure tank (Well-X-Troll WX-202XL) and also looking at the tank tee packages offered by many distributors. I often see a check valve included in the tee package, which apparently is intended to be used on the “outlet” side of the tee servicing the home...
  5. Mckeand13

Cleaning resin tank?

I'm planning to swap out the resin in my softener tanks (9100) soon. It seems like there is a layer of iron, or at least orange, coating the inside of the tanks. Does anybody have a recommended method to clean the inside? Probably not necessary but that's just me. CLR and a new toilet brush...
  6. Mckeand13

Water help needed - Sulfur smell, bad taste, black sediment

Thanks for the help. Anybody else have some further suggestions that are useful?
  7. Mckeand13

I was just reading up on hydrogen sulfide in water. Seems like I've got a couple things to do. - New water heater - Remove anode rod, or replace with a different material - Shock/Sanitize the well and plumbing - Cross my fingers What alternate material could/should be used for the anode rod...
  8. Mckeand13

Any suggestions on what to do about that? Do I need to have some place test my water to determine levels in order to have direction on dealing with it? Is there any way, or anything, that can get that junk out of the piping now that it's in there?
  9. Mckeand13

Water help needed please. When we moved into the new house we quickly found out that the well water was absolutely terrible. It's got a submersible well pump and Challenger bladder tank. Not sure how deep or anything about the well really. I'm located in Orono, MN. I'm probably lacking a...
  10. Mckeand13

Floodchek washing machine hoses. (Still in business?)

I called Floodchek on 2/18 and talked with Steve the president. I said that I would order his product if he could ship it out that day as I had a new washer and dryer being delivered soon and wanted the hoses to go with them. He assured me they would ship the same day and I ordered them while we...
  11. Mckeand13

Is there a correct orientation for a pipe cutter on copper?

Ah. I think i just found it. It's for accepting a flared end of tubing so you can cut the flare off. Why not just cut further down and avoid the flare?
  12. Mckeand13

Is there a correct orientation for a pipe cutter on copper?

I've always seen a groove in one of the rollers on pipe cutters. What is this for? Does it have an orientation when placed on the pipe to cut (as in grooved roller on the side you're going to use)?
  13. Mckeand13

How can I store tanks with resin in them?

I'm asking about resin tank only. It was used for a very short period of time. It still has the resin and distributor in it. It's in the basement right now so no freezing or high temps.
  14. Mckeand13

How can I store tanks with resin in them?

I've got a system that I won't be installing for a while. I don't really know when I will have the time so I need to store them for a while. I mixed us some brine in a bucket and filled them up. How long can I store them like that or is there a better method? Is it correct that they...
  15. Mckeand13

Pressure tank install questions

I'm trying to understand the entire system. Looking for help with that. There must be a check valve and air admittance valve (maybe that's not the right term) somewhere in the system, correct? Neither is located inside the house so I can only assume they are in the riser pipe. Is it true...
  16. Mckeand13

I'm using the side port tank. I figured a more "regular" AVC would be easier to find in the event that it needs to be replaced. The HT tank series AVC seems to be a little too elaborate for my taste. http://www.wellmate.com/products_trad.htm#sideport
  17. Mckeand13

The new tank isn't a bladder style. It's a Wellmate SP-9. Intended specifically for replacing galvanized tanks. Looks exactly like a bladder tank though doesn't it.
  18. Mckeand13

Not true. We can't cheat Boyle's law. Generalizing and saying the two tanks are both 16" in diameter, and 51" tall, the new tank will have more drawdown since it's AVC is much lower in the tank. Running the numbers (again generalizing a bit on size so I don't have to spend a bunch of time...
  19. Mckeand13

Why would someone have used a flared fitting rather than just soldering a female adapter on? So I keep the flared nut and the flared to NPT adapter. Replace everything after that. Here are some pics of the current setup. Tank is already purchased so it's going in. For some reason I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks