Search results

1. bingow

Regen drainage as a grass killer

Rural setting, on a well, with gravel driveway leading up to our detached garage. It's the garage approach and entrance area where we have an ugly weed and grass infestation. We do not use commercial weed/grass killers, mostly for wildlife concerns. Nearest tree is 40' away and slightly uphill...
  2. bingow

That old washing machine, hard water, and a small water softener, "Ate Our Lunch."

Quick background: we built our house (6 yrs), including electrical and plumbing (PEX). When it came time for appliances and fixtures, in our exhausted state and ignorance of water softeners, we said to the big box store, "we'll take that $395 job." A less than 1 cu. ft. cabinet style, hyped at...
  3. bingow

Spin-down pre-filter for fine sediment?

Recently on this forum, I received advice that I could forgo a sediment pre-filter for our new CK10/WS1EE twin tank (2 x 2 ft3) softener. That was great news, due to our severe space limitations, the regular servicing of a cartridge type filter would be a major PITA. Some background. We have a...
  4. bingow

Updated Well Lab Report With Flags; New Softener At Work

Returning here with situation recap and update. Recap: previous tests of our 21 year "virgin" mountain terrain water well (7,000 ft) included the original "basic" test of the freshly dug well that showed 38 gpg hardness, 1,100 gpg TDS, PH7.7, no odor, and no iron or other metal concerns. Six...
  5. bingow

"Moveable" Brine Tank?

Anyone put their brine tank on a roller platform? I have a tight closet space for our water system components, and had previously ruled out a new twin tank 64k grain softener over a single 96k grain due to the system footprint of the twin. But by putting the 18" dia. brine tank on a platform...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks