Sealing new faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

hitmehhh

Reaction score
Plumber put this new faucet in and had plumbers putty behind escutcheon plate to cover hole through surround and wall. I looked behind it today just to check it , putty seemed to have a couple of voids int it. Am I better off just caulking these holes?
190897d1441286874t-new-faucet-dscn0123.jpg

hitmehhh

Reaction score
Normally I use a clear polyseamseal around the chrome parts where the escutcheon meets the wall surface.
What about where the hole is around the chrome sleeve. Is the putty alright or should I caulk around the sleeve ? As I said the plumber put putty around the sleeve and slid the escutcheon on

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I don't put putty there, but it doesn't hurt to do that. Silicone caulking would be more water tight. But frankly, a single handle valve has a hole 4" across and I don't put anything there either.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks