How to post Images on Terry Love's DIY Forums

Users who are viewing this thread

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Pictures are so, so helpful when discussing a subject. They say one picture is worth thousand words and this is so true.

If I say I'm building a "Brick Curb". What do you think? Your daddy might have called it a "Dam", your cousin in Australia a "Hob". Confusion created right from the get go when the goal is to become less confused or offer up some kind of guidance or tip.

The simplest way to add a picture to your post here on Terry Love's site is to google the item you are searching for. Lets say you are looking for a "linear shower drain".

Open up a new window in your browser and jump to Goggle Image Search search "Linear Shower Drain".

Something link this shows up.

Picture after picture of linear shower drains. Now you can pick the photo that best suits your question. Lets pretend for this exercise your eye was caught by that drain on the right that looks like it has a red light in it. Click that image and in Goggle Image Search the picture will blow up a bit and give you some more options. The screen looks like this below.

If you look in the right side of this picture you will see two little buttons. One says Visit Page and the other says View Image. Click the one that says view image and your browser will open up a new window with only the image you like. That page looks like the photo below. In my browser I have the option to see the URL of each page I'm on. Thats the www. line.

You need to highlight this line and copy it. Later your will add this to the Terry Love forum as an image source and by magic it takes the photo from where ever you find it and adds it into Terry's forum.

This makes answering questions or articulating your question easier.

So once highlight copy the info. I have an Apple computer so I hit Command C.

Now when your writing a lot online you might like me keep a few windows open in your browser. Now you can jump over to the Terry Love forum and start your post.

You can insert the picture right away or start typing your question first. When you are ready to insert the picture or online photo (picture must first be online for this technique to work) press the little postcard looking button in the menu bar (Red arrow is showing you which one).

This box will pop up. Click inside the text area and paste the image file you just recently copied.

Once you see it. Hit Insert.

The picture jumps into your post and you can now keep writing.

That's it. So Easy.......

Hope this helps you find better help online

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
This article I copied from a blog site post I wrote this morning to share here on Terry's site. Posting your own photo's is a little trickier as you need to first upload them to Terry's forum or another online venue.

I keep many hundreds of pictures online. I can draw from these or online like the post above shows.

If you share someone else's work you should I think give a link back to them.

Some images will not work here on Terry's forum so if the picture you pick does not work - try another. Some web sites are blocked because of spam.

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Your welcome. I think we are seeing more photos here on your site Taylor. I think it adds a lot to the viewing experience and if anything like my blog must also help bring in more viewers.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
JWs Post hoses Terry's forum.

I have been seeing that lately.

I try not to go to them, because they can crash your Browser.

Why is that ?

Copy and paste works fine for me.

Taylor did some nice work. Thank You.

Last edited:

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Lots of people are using Terry's forum to post pictures. More than before.

BUT

When you upload a picture it is nice to still add the file name so the picture is loaded full size when viewing the threads. It is not a lot of work to click on the pictures but i think most people will pass on this step.

If your looking for help. Do as much as you can yourself to make it easy on the people viewing your questions.

DonL

Reaction score
Lots of people are using Terry's forum to post pictures. More than before.

BUT

When you upload a picture it is nice to still add the file name so the picture is loaded full size when viewing the threads. It is not a lot of work to click on the pictures but i think most people will pass on this step.

If your looking for help. Do as much as you can yourself to make it easy on the people viewing your questions.

The problem with posting pictures in full size, Is that it can take forever to load, and cause unneeded data transfer.

It can also make a webpage hard to view.

Your post are bad about that, and not everyone has as good of a computer, network, camera or Level as you do.

Me thinks.

Flapper

Reaction score
It may not be a good idea to copy the URL of an image from the internet; this is called hot-linking and it is frowned upon because 1. It steals bandwidth from their server and 2. The image may be changed or removed. I recommend you re-upload the image to an image hosting site such as Postimage or Imgur, or upload it to the forums.
Also the images in the OP are broken (that's why you shouldn't hotlink).

DonL

Reaction score
(that's why you shouldn't hotlink)

I like Hotlinks.
upload_2016-5-27_16-52-32.jpeg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks