Recent content by Why did I try this?

1. Why did I try this?

Mudding to/into tub lip for surround???

Hi, They installed cement board Durock but are using drywall mud on the seams. A 5 piece plastic shower surround will be glued on. No tile if that makes a difference.
  2. Why did I try this?

Mudding to/into tub lip for surround???

Hi, I am having a contractor install my tub and surround. Ok, so he told his mud guy to mud right to/into the lip of the tub, wtf !!? I never heard of such a thing. He did say that they would caulk before and after the surround goes on. With the cement board & lip gap full of mud I don't see...
  3. Why did I try this?

Trimming face of cast iron tub

Thats what I was thinking and I have never done this before. Unfortunately I got the tub installed on top of the underlayment:mad: Thank you
  4. Why did I try this?

Trimming face of cast iron tub

Hello, I have a Villager cast iron tub going in. My old cast tub had tile up to it, so the "lip" was covered. This tub technically doesn't have a lip but the enamel isn't even either. Anyway, I have a vinyl floor going in with the new tub and am very concerned about having a cheap line of...
  5. Why did I try this?

2 guys for a 1 man job

Hi, I had a zone control valve repair, a couple purge valves put in and one other short pipe splice. One guy showed up and was working quickly and then about 45 min. later another guy came by and has been standing around with his thumb up his a**. The 2nd guy has been here for nearly 2...
  6. Why did I try this?

End switch replacement?

Erie zone valve. Turns out the valve was sticky and the switch works fine.
  7. Why did I try this?

Installing a Kohler Villager Cast Iron Tub

Do the drains have to be installed prior to dropping the tub in place? I have an opening to the drain pipe from underneath but it is small and covered with a bunch of other pipes. Thank you
  8. Why did I try this?

End switch replacement?

Hi, Can end switches be replaced? I looked around the web but my searches haven't found any replacement switches. Perhaps an electronics supply company...? Thank you
  9. Why did I try this?

Tank fills up...

The suction seemed stronger and the tank went down 3.25"inches for the brine suck. Cool, the tank actually went down for the whole cycle. Thank you much!
  10. Why did I try this?

Tank fills up...

Flipped the flappers. Testing right now...
  11. Why did I try this?

Moen Tub/Shower piping size & cartridge replacement...

Here it is My guess is that it is 3/8" i.d. The outside appears to be 1/2". The actual bent part, not the elbow openings.
  12. Why did I try this?

Moen Tub/Shower piping size & cartridge replacement...

Hi, My original tub/shower piping is 1/2" i.d. but then goes down to these narrow elbows into a Moen 1016p valve body. Is it standard to have the pipe connect in the valve body instead of o.d. of the valve body? Thank you
  13. Why did I try this?

Tub drain gasket needed?

Hi, I will be reusing the piping for the tub drain. The old tub squished a gasket between the pipe and the bottom of the tub. Is this still needed or can Teflon tape and plumbers putty be used? Also with the overflow there was a Moen gasket that slipped over the flat part of the...
  14. Why did I try this?

Tank fills up...

Thank you for the replies. I'll try the flapper reverse thing for a quick fix. Softenerparts.com has a repair kit for ~$90, $40 for just the flappers.
  15. Why did I try this?

Tank fills up...

One more question: When the cycle starts with Backwash, what is suppose to happen right after that? With mine water flows into the brine tank for a few minutes after Backwash and then reverses and starts to suck the brine out. I was wondering if the flow into the tank is normal (not including...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks