Recent content by Valveman

1. Valveman

Irrigation Well Pump Issue - Buzzing / Wont Turn On

Like WorthFlorida says you don't need a pressure tank/pressure switch if the only use is irrigation zone valves. But if you want the pump to come on when a faucet is opened, a pressure tank/pressure switch combo is needed.
  2. Valveman

Should be a dual voltage motor. The wires to the right of the flashing overload can be attached for either 115V or 230V. Need to make sure you have the voltage needed for whichever connection is being used. Checking the voltage coming out of the pressure switch to the motor is usually the...
  3. Valveman

Low pressure to house...block

Yours is the typical failure mode for a submersible pump. First the regular cycling causes the tank bladder to fail. Then with a failed bladder the pump cycles it self to death, which is where the fibers are coming from. It is usually a brand preference that causes the pump to wear out before...
  4. Valveman

Well pressure tank pre-charge around 3-5psi?

Then use the CSV1A with any size tank that gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling. The CSV will still eliminate the cycling problem and deliver strong constant pressure no matter what size tank you want to use. But like was explained, you are much more likely to have water after a power outage by...
  5. Valveman

System not maintaining pressure after water runs out in storage tank

Maybe I can say this a different way. after that type pump runs dry, the pump doesn't need to be primed, the can needs to be flooded. There are places in the top of the can that trap air and make it hard to flood until there is some kind of flow, which can't happen until the pump is drawing...
  6. Valveman

Need to check the voltage. Sounds like it is trying to start on low voltage. However, the tank is waterlogged and it could have cycled the pump to death in just a few hours of cycling on and off quickly.
  7. Valveman

Submersible pump question

Like they say, "Man plans and God laughs". It may not be you, but someone will probably turn off the faucets and forget to turn off the pump. It only takes one time to destroy the pump. At least put a 75 PSI pressure relief valve in the system if you don't make it where it can automatically...
  8. Valveman

Could also just put the submersible in the cistern as those cans are expensive.
  9. Valveman

Oh OK...a submersible in a can type pump. Very familiar with those. There are places in the can that trap air and need flow through before it will prime the pump. Best to not let it run dry. Adding the pump down float switch to shut it off before it sucks air would be a good idea. May also...
  10. Valveman

Surge protector for soda ash pump?

Won't hurt anything. You can also pull a ground or neutral at the pressure switch with one hot wire and have 115V.
  11. Valveman

Surge protector for soda ash pump?

I don't normally use them on injection pumps. But I would think you just wire it to the hot wire from the pressure switch. It will need a good ground and probably an enclosure. You can power a circuit breaker with surge protector in an enclosure with wires from the pressure switch. Then wire...
  12. Valveman

Do you have a low level cut off float switch in the storage tank? What kind of booster pump is it?
  13. Valveman

Newbie here!! Where o Where do I even start to get water from the well??

That is probably about right for a brand name pump. There are lots of pumps available these days. Here is one for 150 bucks...
  14. Valveman

Newbie here!! Where o Where do I even start to get water from the well??

If you just want to run some hoses you only need a small pump like a J7S or J10S and a PK1A kit to keep it from cycling while running hoses.
  15. Valveman

Need sum help

sorry, but you bough the only pump I know of that says, "not made for continuous duty". That means it is a very lightweight pump, made to not last very long, even with very light duty. Yo are trying to irrigate with a pump made to barely fill a dog water bowl. To irrigate you will need a pump...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks