Recent content by topshot

1. topshot

Delta Faucet R10000-PX Universal MultiChoice Universal Rough-In Valve

This valve required the crimp-style pex, not expand-style as I had. Once I swapped to a fully-threaded valve and the appropriate transition fitting for my pex, all was fine. I SHOULD have returned the first one as well, but it had already held for a year the way I did it with no issues so I...
  2. topshot

Delta Faucet R10000-PX Universal MultiChoice Universal Rough-In Valve

I apologize if this isn't appropriate, but I couldn't find an admin area or relevant FAQ. Let me know if I need to delete this. I have an extra bathshower valve for sale if anyone's looking for one. I got it based on this forum, but it's not made for Wirsbo brand pex as it turns out (pex ID too...
  3. topshot

Proper moving of stove, fridge and DW to not damage vinyl floor?

You mean those teflon discs/squares? I'd have thought those would raise it up too high, but I'll look into them.
  4. topshot

Well, that would make it easy. So you attach the line first and then move it back instead of having to deal with working through the small front panel. It's a GE GDWF160RSS
  5. topshot

OK. I didn't think there's be enough clearance to tip it up. I've never worked with a DW before. Do you normally use 3/8 copper for the connection or stick with 1/2? I'd assume the former would be more flexible to help get it lined up precisely. The instructions say it should come out AT LEAST...
  6. topshot

So scooting the DW back from in front of the cabinet isn't an issue? I could see where you could get a stove or fridge very close to final resting place with a dolly. With sheets of stuff, I assume you'd lay the sheet maybe halfway back in the space, and once the appliance was in place tip it...
  7. topshot

I've read several places that you shouldn't "scoot" heavy appliances into place as they can sometimes scuff up the floor, but I've never found what you SHOULD do to get them into their respective positions. I know when we moved our old appliances around to clean under them that the old vinyl did...
  8. topshot

Help with deep but skinny pantry space

LOL. That's exactly what we did have, Agu. The portion of floor that isn't yellow was a little broom closet of sorts that had a door on it. To get the stuff over the stairs, you had to step up into it and around everything you out there and then try to reach those infrequently used items. We...
  9. topshot

Space would really be 82 deep once I added the door. Here is a pic to give an idea of what we have now. Ignore all the wires. I can enlarge the opening of the space over the stairs. I've thought of putting doors on the left side of that space, but then you'd need to get a ladder on the stair...
  10. topshot

The space available for our pantry is about 87" deep, but only about 27" wide. Furthermore about 4' into the 87", only the top half of space can be used because of clearance for a stairwell. That area currently has a single shelf in it but it's hard to reach things in the back, especially if...
  11. topshot

Replacing undercoating on stainless sink?

I do have the 4th sprayer hole, but I'm not finding what you're referring to on the Delta site. All the ones they show that can do either 6 or 8 have soap dispensers, which I don't want, not sprayers. Looks like I need to either drill 8" holes or get a new sink.
  12. topshot

Covers are out, but the cheap Delta faucet I had put in years ago does run down through the center hole - will have to see how it's bolted. I had thought of drilling new holes. I like the spray foam idea or maybe just nothing. The noise has never bothered me. I'll check it all out closely once I...
  13. topshot

We're thinking of keeping the kitchen sink vs getting a new one since it's worked fine for the 15 years we've lived here so far. However, the undercoating is brittle and flakes off in the cabinet. It's cream in color. Where can I find some of this? I'm guessing the undercoating for your car...
  14. topshot

Silicone for Sterling tub strainer?

I'd assume I can still use putty for a Sterling Vikrell tub. Didn't notice any warnings otherwise. The sink we have says no putty, use 100% silicone. I was wondering if silicone would even work on a tub since you're screwing it in versus tightening from underneath on a sink. I'd think it would...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks