Recent content by tgl

1. tgl

samsung dishwashers

anyone have any exp. with these? a fuse in the machine blew, mid-cycle, which I replaced. Now the sump kicks on briefly as if trying to pump out water during rinse cycle, but then shuts off; it will kick on and off repeatedly, while the timer on the rinse cycle pauses/slows down as well. I...
  2. tgl

Winterizing Water Heater

O guess what I'm getting at is, do I have to blow out hot and cold feeds separately (as via laundry faucets), or will enough pressure build in the HW heater, via a garden hose connection, to force water out the hot taps as well.
  3. tgl

Winterizing Water Heater

Hi All-- have read previous winterizing threads. My question is about the about the HW heater, and the process in general. So, if I drain pipes as much as possible, and drain the WH heater as well, then I shut all down, attach my 6 gal Porter-Gable compressor to an outside hose bib with the...
  4. tgl

RV toilet in house

Oh, also, for a stable flush mount of the toilet, I used a Fernco waxless seal ( Fts -3 in this case, since I use 3" drain line--I found one on Ebay); a wax seal I think would require some shimming out of the mount... I also like the way the rubber Fco extends down into the line; just seems a...
  5. tgl

RV toilet in house

Oh, I should add, that the bowl is designed with several water inlets around the bowl at the top, which simulates the swirling flush of a standard toilet--so might that also help with the carry? It is also possible to control the amount of water left in the bowl after flushing--so, would it be...
  6. tgl

RV toilet in house

Yes, now installed and no odor issues (btw, water still circulates as flap closes, so some water always i bowl) I guess one can just hold the flush lever down longer to get more carry? Water seems to flush through the line with a fair amount of force. We had limited space, and basically...
  7. tgl

connection Qs

OK--I was wrong; tried the Quest fittings dry and they leaked; used Rectoseal and all good (so changed my opinion about Recto V. Harvery). I have older Quest fittings used with mixed PEX and copper pipe; in any case, I was warned against using Quest since the nuts, I was told, are prone to...
  8. tgl

RV toilet in house

hi folks a tankless RV toilet, simple elegant lines, to save space. pex line will go to a compression cutoff then normal 3 eights to one half metal flex from cutoff to toilet. toilet has a drop down valve in bowl operated by foot pedal, which also operates the water flow into bowl. Does...
  9. tgl

connection Qs

Hi folks Great advice on Fcos Thanks! Now to confirm something Best not to use tape or Harvey seal when connecting plastic to plastic or to plastic metal, right. Just metal to metal (sorry my keyboard not working right Also HD or Lowes replaced Harvey with some white fiber stuff I dont...
  10. tgl

Fernco to CI leak

hmmm another issue: looking at the old CI drain line--it has a raised seam, as well, so it seems it will never seal well with a Fco. I may try this: reduce briefly from the the 4 in PVC or current Fco tee to 3 in pvc pipe, let the 3 in pipe actually run down inside the 4 in CI a bit (maybe 4...
  11. tgl

Fernco to CI leak

THanks! though I don't quite get the folding back part--if the metal retainer rings are removed (or the retainer rings and shield), the rubber can be folded back? Just wondering--Cacher (above) mentioned grinding down the letters--that would be the easiest temp fix for my situation--but would...
  12. tgl

Fernco to CI leak

OK so I would first have to add a bit of 4 inch pvc to each end of the t, then the fernco no hub couplings is this right thanks!
  13. tgl

Fernco to CI leak

thought about a ratcheting strap support (or hardware strap to keep things straight just in case (used this when I cut the line in the event... Btw how even does the cut itself have to be a tight squeeze and had to do one part by feel... should I go back over that with a grinder also...
  14. tgl

Fernco to CI leak

Thanks, yes, I'm uncomfortable about the Fernco--but RE using a PVC T--I can't mate PVC to iron without the Fco transition, can I? (though I seem to recall doing this in the past, but it has been a while...)
  15. tgl

Fernco to CI leak

Attached a Fernco T to an old ci drain line, which now leaks from the bottom, since I stupidly cut the old pipe through the letters! Will sealant stop the leak? what type of sealant should I use? Otherwise, I guess I would have to make a new cut below the letters, move the T down, add Fernco...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks