RV toilet in house

Users who are viewing this thread

tgl

Reaction score
hi folks

a tankless RV toilet, simple elegant lines, to save space. pex line will go to a compression cutoff then normal 3 eights to one half metal flex from cutoff to toilet. toilet has a drop down valve in bowl operated by foot pedal, which also operates the water flow into bowl.

Does leave some water in bowl post-flush, as normal toilet--you can control the amt.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Do not install a trap. The flapper is all you need.
However, since these don't have much in drain line "carry", you may have issues with solids not going very far. You may want to have a good cleanout handy and a snake with cage to keep your line clear.
I don't think it's one of the better ideas out there.

tgl

Reaction score
Do not install a trap. The flapper is all you need.
However, since these don't have much in drain line "carry", you may have issues with solids not going very far. You may want to have a good cleanout handy and a snake with cage to keep your line clear.
I don't think it's one of the better ideas out there.

Yes, now installed and no odor issues (btw, water still circulates as flap closes, so some water always i bowl)
Pic_1005_540.jpg
Pic_1005_542.jpg

I guess one can just hold the flush lever down longer to get more carry? Water seems to flush through the line with a fair amount of force.

We had limited space, and basically just use the head for nighttime relief...

here are some pics (put in a GFI too! in case of later expansion..)

Last edited by a moderator:

tgl

Reaction score
Yes, now installed and no odor issues (btw, water still circulates as flap closes, so some water always i bowl)View attachment 26427 View attachment 26428 . I guess one can just hold the flush lever down longer to get more carry? Water seems to flush through the line with a fair amount of force.

We had limited space, and basically just use the head for nighttime relief...

here are some pics (put in a GFI too! in case of later expansion..)

Oh, I should add, that the bowl is designed with several water inlets around the bowl at the top, which simulates the swirling flush of a standard toilet--so might that also help with the carry? It is also possible to control the amount of water left in the bowl after flushing--so, would it be advisable to leave the bowl half full, then hold the flush down a few seconds? this it seems would pretty much equal a standard toilet flush? though one reason I put this in is to save water. Well, for some purposes, only a little water is needed, so at least I can choose with this...

tgl

Reaction score
Oh, I should add, that the bowl is designed with several water inlets around the bowl at the top, which simulates the swirling flush of a standard toilet--so might that also help with the carry? It is also possible to control the amount of water left in the bowl after flushing--so, would it be advisable to leave the bowl half full, then hold the flush down a few seconds? this it seems would pretty much equal a standard toilet flush? though one reason I put this in is to save water. Well, for some purposes, only a little water is needed, so at least I can choose with this...
Oh, also, for a stable flush mount of the toilet, I used a Fernco waxless seal ( Fts -3 in this case, since I use 3" drain line--I found one on Ebay); a wax seal I think would require some shimming out of the mount... I also like the way the rubber Fco extends down into the line; just seems a better idea to me, but what do I know....

Last edited:

mklein

Reaction score
hi folks

a tankless RV toilet, simple elegant lines, to save space. pex line will go to a compression cutoff then normal 3 eights to one half metal flex from cutoff to toilet. toilet has a drop down valve in bowl operated by foot pedal, which also operates the water flow into bowl.

Does leave some water in bowl post-flush, as normal toilet--you can control the amt.
How is this working out for you? Any drain problems? I was thinking of doing this with a holding tank system in a cottage, the tank is about 50' away.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
In a typical RV, the waste tank is right underneath, and line carry is a very minor issue. Not sure this is a great idea. It's generally closer to a nicer outhouse than what a typical toilet needs to deal with.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks