connection Qs

Users who are viewing this thread

tgl

Reaction score
Hi folks

Great advice on Fcos Thanks! Now to confirm something Best not to use tape or Harvey seal when connecting plastic to plastic or to plastic metal, right. Just metal to metal (sorry my keyboard not working right Also HD or Lowes replaced Harvey with some white fiber stuff I dont like. I loved Harvey

pex I have an old quest setup when inserting the pipe in the nut, should I go a bit beyond the nipple, or just flush then just tighten the nut onto the threaded fitting, or to I have to twist if first before screwing to get the metal ring in the nut to bite (yes, Im talking about pipes

drains. Do pvc pipes have to bottom out to seal properly. I used plenty of primer and cement, a bit messy, though some did not go all the way to inside bevel...

tgl

Reaction score
I have no idea what you are asking about, but PEX and Quest are two different materials.
OK--I was wrong; tried the Quest fittings dry and they leaked; used Rectoseal and all good (so changed my opinion about Recto V. Harvery). I have older Quest fittings used with mixed PEX and copper pipe; in any case, I was warned against using Quest since the nuts, I was told, are prone to cracking, but I had to replace the current Quest union with a Quest T to run the new PEX feed line, since the newer style compression fittings were smaller.

Feed line and drains all good, no leaks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks