Recent content by Slinger56

1. Slinger56

Hi mialynette2003, please read my post under "Brine tank filling during brining" and let me know...

Hi mialynette2003, please read my post under "Brine tank filling during brining" and let me know what you think. I am not familiar with either of your product lines, but am looking to replace my current unit. Thanks for your consideration.
  2. Slinger56

Brine tank filling during brining

Hello, I recently replaced the bottom distributor on my GXSF27E01 GE softener when I started noticing beads in my no-longer-soft water. Luckily I caught it in time and only a couple of my faucet aerators were affected. I proceeded to replace the resin and the O-rings from the valve to the tank...
  3. Slinger56

Non-stop motor

Thanks for the inputs Don. I did disconnect the transformer for several minutes as I checked the motor separately by applying 24VAC directly. Unfortunately it kept running again once I reconnected it. Next step I will check the control board for solder joints and the connections and wiring...
  4. Slinger56

Non-stop motor

Hello, I'm looking for help diagnosing my GE GXSF27E01 softener. Seems I ran out of soft water the other day, when I went to check the softener I saw Err 3 on the display and heard water running through the valve. As I stood there I then heard the sound of the water flow changing, like the...
  5. Slinger56

No soft water

Thanks Bannerman, will do.
  6. Slinger56

No soft water

That is a good idea because I have found that I seem to run out of the soft just before the next regen, and when I would go look at the display sure enough it would say "recharge tonight". This made me increment the hardness setting on the control up every time to where now it's at 30 and won't...
  7. Slinger56

No soft water

Seems I just needed to run the water for longer. It is working fine now. Thanks again for the tips.
  8. Slinger56

No soft water

Thanks for your reply Reach4. No, I don't think iron is an issue here. I have not seen any rust or discoloration on anything, nor is there a metallic taste in the water. I researched the resins life and found figures of 8-10 years, so it might be time to change that since the unit is over 11...
  9. Slinger56

No soft water

Hello, lately I realized I wasn't getting any soft water from my GE GXSF27E01 and when I went to look at the salt level in the brine tank I saw it had gone down to just about 6" from the bottom. I thought it odd that pellets would still be visible if they should've all dissolved to make brine...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks