Recent content by SD44

1. SD44

Two fruit trees needed to pollinate?

Thanks for all the info guys. Yep, I'm in MS and I live out in the country, got plenty of room on my 5 acres. I ended up buying another red delicious tree, and planted it about 10 ft away. I also bought two semi-dwarf sweet pear trees and planted them the same. All are 6-7 ft tall. My only...
  2. SD44

Thanks Steve. Walmart has gotten into the fruit tree business this year, so that's where I bought my semi-dwarf red delicious apple tree. I have no idea if it's grafted or not. It's already about 6 ft tall, if it will make fruit how many more years do you think it will take to bear?
  3. SD44

Just planted a red delicious apple tree a couple weeks ago. I'm told now that it needs a second tree to cross pollinate from, if it is to ever make fruit. Is this true for every type of fruit tree?
  4. SD44

PVC to copper coupler wont seal

I did provide all of that this last time. No glue, tape, sealant. I cleaned the pipe with an alcohol prep, let it dry good and wiped it down. And I still have a slow drip.
  5. SD44

PVC to copper coupler wont seal

Guys, I've replaced the "gator bite" coupler that connects my plastic line to the copper line going into my house about 3 times. It always drips on the copper side. Looking at the pic, I know you see some bends in the copper line, but the last two inches that go into the couple is straight...
  6. SD44

Need advice: removing bathtub plunger

Well I can pull up on the knob and just spin it round and round endlessly, so it obviously doesn't catch anywhere for me to screw it off. Are you suggesting holding the rod with maybe vicegrips or something, then twisting the knob off the rod? I won't be able to do that because the gap between...
  7. SD44

Need advice: removing bathtub plunger

Guys, My tub has the attached metal plunger that has a rod going down into the drain. I've been having some drainage problems with the tub, and want to run a snake down through it. How do I remove this type of plunger?
  8. SD44

Help: Explorer won't load any sites

I never could get it straightened out, I just bit the bullet and started over from scratch. I uninstalled and reinstalled XP, and added everything back on. Explorer works now, would've still been nice to know what went wrong. For some reason now I can't download yahoo messenger. it gives...
  9. SD44

Guys read the initial post. I've done a system restore to a previous point, I've obviously rebooted several times. How can you NOT install the provider's software, and still have internet service? I have dialup, by the way, it's the only thing we can get here. :cool:
  10. SD44

Okay, I uninstalled then reinstalled my internet provider (peoplepc). That allowed my yahoo messenger to work, which I couldn't do the night before; I even chatted with some friends last night on it. And my antivirus will still download updates. Peoplepc also has it's own browser-type window...
  11. SD44

my modem is internal, but I haven't tried unplugging everything. I'll try that tonight.
  12. SD44

I did this, did not help.
  13. SD44

I'm at work. I've never used another type browser other than Explorer, and don't really want to. I want to fix Explorer. I even had the little yellow shield in the bottom right corner where it was uploading a microsoft update, but for some reason my explorer browser still won't work.
  14. SD44

I was browsing around on my home pc last night with no problems, while loading some pics from my scanner. All of a sudden, no websites would load. Every site I tried to pull up gave me the ole "windows explorer cannot display this page" message. I rebooted, didn't work. did an antivirus update...
  15. SD44

Tin roof questions

Guys, are there any links that are a "how to" to add a tin roof to your home? My house currently has one layer of shingles, and I want to put a nice red tin roof on it this fall. I'd just like a link or something that would walk me through the how-to's, especially about how to deal with the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks