Recent content by Notacomputation

1. Notacomputation

is it OK to use vaseline to dry fit ABS

what is a "proper interference fit" the instructions say not to enter the pipe more than 1/3--2/3 inside the coupling. is that just for the dry fit or the final glue as well? i've been pushing them in as far as they go when i glue.
  2. Notacomputation

Help needed please.

if you're gonna pour concrete have them lay a PVC pipe or two in the gravel first. if you ever want to fix your sprinkler or run 110v out to your shed or something, just find the end of that pipe and you're in business just keep a plan of your system so you know where everything is when you...
  3. Notacomputation

slove v. steps

what's the difference between stepping down the line and keeping the 1/4" grade and just going with a steeper grade
  4. Notacomputation

help!! DWV questions

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/5763/pipes1pm.png this is what i'm trying to do. i hope it makes sense. 1.5" pipe carries waste from the sink Y has a cleanout. 1.5" - 3" adaptor 90 elbow 3" pipe goes to main. i want to bring the end of the 3" pipe and the 90 elbow, closer...
  5. Notacomputation

help!! DWV questions

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/1633/dscf05890cv.jpg this is the old cleanout for the drain from the kitchen sink after i put in some new pipe last year. sorry i don't have better pics but i already smashed the other one out. this is a top view and if you look halfway down from the top...
  6. Notacomputation

Need A Good Showerhead

try canada. i heard some US people come here to buy toilets cuz we don't have the same laws for saving water.
  7. Notacomputation

help!! DWV questions

i'm replacing two 3" floor drains. one to the upstairs bathroom/vent, the other to the downstairs laundry/utility sink. my question is can i lay the vertical pipe all the way to the footing, so when it rises out of the floor, it will be flush with the wall/footing and i can frame around it...
  8. Notacomputation

Questions About Replacing Home DWV

hey guys. thanks for answers still wondering what's the best way to go about the job? at what end do i start? i want to cut the main line to the street a few feet inside the footing and hook up with a rubber coupling for now. do the front yard later. i can borrow a chain cutter from...
  9. Notacomputation

Questions About Replacing Home DWV

it's a bungalow, built in 1959, on a basement can i use ABS to replace the steel pipes i'm breaking out of the concrete. at the end of the line the pipes was not far below the cement with hardly any 0-3/4 fill. can i lay ABS the same way or do i have to put it deeper. can't go too deep...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks