Recent content by micalk

1. micalk

Disguising Pedestal Drain

Wasn't working fast enough, wife hired a plumber. Can't blame her though. I could have connectorized the pipe before the wall went up. Thanks!
  2. micalk

Disguising Pedestal Drain

Is there a chrome or brass tube that I can simply slide over the abs pipe coming out of the wall so that it doesn't look so utilitarian behind my pedestal sink? It's a new install but the wall is already finished and the pipe is sticking out of the wall.
  3. micalk

Dishwasher with no Garbage Disposal

Thanks, RioHyde - That's exactly what I was looking for. AFAIK, I'll need an airgap too, but that's between me and my inspector....
  4. micalk

RO system output pressure and HW dispenser

You are correct when you say the pressure of the bladder pushes the water out, but it isn't at 7 psi when the tank is full. Going to my physics PV/T = constant Assuming negligible temp variation PV = constant Relating this to the bladder, as the tank fills with water the volume of...
  5. micalk

Dishwasher with no Garbage Disposal

How's it done? The instructions have the dw drain going straight into the plumbing, no air gap. Can it be run similar to a clothes washer drain, where the output of the dw is hooked over the edge of a drain pipe angled out of the wall with a P-trap at the bottom? What are my options? This is a...
  6. micalk

Got a response to the same question at another forum yielding about the opposite response. A person there posted that the pressure on the air side of the bladder was about 4-7 psi, and that would be the output. Doesn't sound right to me, but I've only owned one of these that was serviced by...
  7. micalk

I want to install a hot water dispenser with the input coming from an RO system. (RO system has an artesian filter on the output, so I don't expect to have an issue with agressive water deteriorating parts prematurely.) The hot water dispenser (Insinkerator HC-Wave) states 30-125 psi input, and...
  8. micalk

90s in toilet vent

I just gradeded the DWV under the half of the house that is receiving a major remodel. Apparently the main stack wasn't set deep enough originally to accomodate the all the necessary DWV bends for the toilet about 30' from the stack. Parts of the original run were graded level or negative...
  9. micalk

Cutting into DWV Stack

When using normal couplings, it's a pretty tight fit just getting the coupling to dry fit onto a pipe. Are the repair couplings a little more generous in this respect, or is that where the bevel comes in?
  10. micalk

Cutting into DWV Stack

I am remodeling my single story house with raised foundation. My house is 40 ft wide with a foundation wall every ten feet to hold the floor joists. The main stack goes through two of these walls to receive waste. The second wall apparently was repaired around the stack because the stack seems...
  11. micalk

Proper way to strap pipe and going through lumber

Grommets I doubt the grommets are for protection, probably more for isolation and noise. Is anyone familiar with these? Should I look at Home Depot? I'll look for the straps. As for the heavy wires hammered into lumber, the ones in my house were still solid after 27 years.
  12. micalk

Proper way to strap pipe and going through lumber

I have a project to complete, plumbing a shower wall with a temperature control valve, two volume control valves, a ceiling mounted rain-shower and a massage body spray on one valve and a double shower head on the other valve. I have two basic general questions regarding plumbing. Obviously...
  13. micalk

Rough-in distance from wall for setting toilet

I bought a Toto that has a 12" rough-in. Does this mean 12" from the finished wall to the center of the toilet flange? How much clearance should this give me from the back edge of the tank/lid to the finished wall? Michael
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks