Recent content by Kai

1. Kai

questions related to water tank

Hi All, I am recently working on increase my water pressure. I have a well system with a blader tank. I adjust the pressure from 30~50psi to 40~60psi. It works great. I have longer and less frequent runs. The shower at the second floor is great. But I also noticed few problems around the...
  2. Kai

A stupid question about plumbing permits

Thanks for all of your kind reply. I am not adding anything into existing structure. My old shower faucet is broken and cannot be repaired. The old tile is loose and rotten too. So I just want to replace shower, incuding some related pipes, and re-tile the wall. From the answer here, it looks...
  3. Kai

A stupid question about plumbing permits

Hi All, I am asking a simple question here. thanks for your answer. I am in CT. Do I need permit to change my plumbing, including re-pipe shower?
  4. Kai

Changing Careers

I am curious to know what is average annual earn from a plumper, like doing service in homes only. Kai
  5. Kai

Reverse Osmosis filter and water pressure

I have Kenmore's RO system. It claims to remove Nitrite/Nitrate. I also have sodium in the water. Although I am not concern its existance. I only find two segments of my old copper pipe are paper thin. They are made in Canada. Ohter looks fine. I replaced all pipe accessable from basement...
  6. Kai

Reverse Osmosis or not

Hi All, After reading some old posts here, I have a new question. Should I use RO filter or not. My water is pretty good comparing to standard. It has little Nitrite, well bellow the safety limit, and little hard. No bacteria has been detected. I have installed softner to solve the hardness...
  7. Kai

Reverse Osmosis filter and water pressure

Hi All, I like this forum and am new here. I would like you to comment on my question. I just bought a reverse Osmosis filter to supper clean my water. I have a 30~50 psi well system working normally. The RO filter suggest to have 50 psi. I am looking into running my pump at 40~60 psi by...
  8. Kai

standard height for shower/tube faucet combination

Hi, Is there any standard or rule of thumb for install a shower/tube combinated unit? The old installation on my tube looks too low. Thanks, Kai
  9. Kai

presure valve

I have a private well and water pump. Should I install a presure releaf valve in the system? If I should, can I install it near the drain, the opposite side of well? Thanks, kai
  10. Kai

water hammer questions

Hi Everyone, I really enjoy this forum. Thanks in advance. I am re-plumping my house now. It is time to considering to install water hammer arrestor. I have few questions. 1. Which appliance should I install arrestor for? 2. If I install a arrestor at basement (the point to upstair...
  11. Kai

pin hole leak at refrigerator pipe

It may be a ground issue. I do not have whole house water filter installed. I checked the ground of outlet. The plug is not connected to ground wire. This may be the cause. I changed the pipe and wait to see if any new erosion develops. Is there any better way to judge that this is truely...
  12. Kai

pin hole leak at refrigerator pipe

Hi, I have one more puzzle for pin hole leak on copper pipe. It happens on only regrigerator water pipe, which is installed for only one year. I found many pin hole sites on that few feet copper pipe. Does anyone have an answer for it? Thanks, Kai
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks