Recent content by joe71nj

1. joe71nj

Rotted overflow/drain on tub

Thanks for your help....
  2. joe71nj

I was concerned that eventually it could affect me if the water is just dumping into the ground... like if it started eroding the soil under the slab beneath my tub or if the ground stopped accepting the water and it started making it's way into my bathroom...
  3. joe71nj

I never saw it until we already had my tub in and all the new framing and plumbing in on my side. Nobody was running the water on the other side so I never saw the leak initially.... otherwise I would have told them about it and had them fix it. The hole was on the side of the pipe where you...
  4. joe71nj

There's a chase though. I never touched their wall. There's about a 6" space between their wall and my wall... and you can see that the leak didn't just start. There's a big spot that's rotted out on the side of the pipe and you can see where the water has been hitting the dirt. As far as...
  5. joe71nj

It wasn't my decision. I live in a complex built in the 70's and this is how they built them. They did this kind of stuff a lot in the old days, stupidly. The tub with this problem is my neighbor's tub on the other side of the wall. I hate to break this bad news to them. I'm not sure how long...
  6. joe71nj

Hi. Is it possible to change a rotted overflow on a tub without any access from underneath or from the other side of the wall? Can it be fixed if tile is removed on the wall above the drain? This tub is an old building on a slab and it's also back to back with another bathroom. All they have is...
  7. joe71nj

Bathroom vanity wasteline

I was able to use all metal which has a shorter trap and it worked perfectly. I also found that they make flexible parts and also an offset extension set with 2-22 degree couplings in pvc for the tailpiece which both could have been used to kick it out from the wall as needed.
  8. joe71nj

It looks like it'll be right at the bend in the p-trap, unless they make a 'close' trap for the bottom of the tailpiece? I dont know if they make something like that..
  9. joe71nj

I was hoping to be able to get straight in but i know i may have to use your suggestion. Thank you for the replies, by the way. I appreciate all suggestions.
  10. joe71nj

There's a pvc 1 1/2" elbow that sticks out of the wall and there's about 6 1/2" from the inside of that to the center of the tailpiece. Is there any other options besides using 45s and offsetting the trap?
  11. joe71nj

Hi. I'm trying to plumb a wasteline in a bathroom vanity that's 18" deep. The tailpiece is in direct line with the 1 1/2" wasteline... so there's not much room to fit the trap because it's so close. What's the best way to deal with this?
  12. joe71nj

shower diverter/handle problem

I was afraid of that. During my online search, I saw there was a company (Danze) that made an extension for their brand of shower diverter... a deep wall extension that would bring it out 1 1/4". When I saw that, I was hoping Delta would have one too...or an aftermarket company would have them...
  13. joe71nj

shower diverter/handle problem

Hi. I just recently finished doing a tile job for a friend... and when we went to install the handle and face plate, we found that the person who installed the diverter put it too far back and the handle is now just clearing the faceplate. There's wood blocking in the wall so there's no way to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks