Bathroom vanity wasteline

Users who are viewing this thread

joe71nj

Reaction score
Hi. I'm trying to plumb a wasteline in a bathroom vanity that's 18" deep. The tailpiece is in direct line with the 1 1/2" wasteline... so there's not much room to fit the trap because it's so close. What's the best way to deal with this?

joe71nj

Reaction score
No way to answer you without knowing HOW close the drain is to the wall and how the pipe comes out of the wall.
There's a pvc 1 1/2" elbow that sticks out of the wall and there's about 6 1/2" from the inside of that to the center of the tailpiece. Is there any other options besides using 45s and offsetting the trap?

joe71nj

Reaction score
Sometimes I 45 from the wall and swivel back to pick up the tailpiece.
I was hoping to be able to get straight in but i know i may have to use your suggestion. Thank you for the replies, by the way. I appreciate all suggestions.

joe71nj

Reaction score
It looks like it'll be right at the bend in the p-trap, unless they make a 'close' trap for the bottom of the tailpiece? I dont know if they make something like that..

joe71nj

Reaction score
I was able to use all metal which has a shorter trap and it worked perfectly. I also found that they make flexible parts and also an offset extension set with 2-22 degree couplings in pvc for the tailpiece which both could have been used to kick it out from the wall as needed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks