Recent content by Jar546

1. Jar546

pulling 8-3 romex

I am also guessing that the electric range in question only requires a 40 amp circuit? What is the kW rating? You can't make that pull. That is a stupid, illegal and unsafe idea. You should not even try to make that pull but please videotape the attempt so we can all have a good laugh just...
  2. Jar546

Does this toilet vent look OK?

1) Every dry vent connecting to a horizontal drain shall connect above the centerline of the horizontal drain pipe 2) PVC DWV must be horizontally supported every 48" That should get you started
  3. Jar546

Bathroom question, fan/light combo above the tub

Easier: 1) Run a new 20A circuit to the existing receptacle in the bathroom and install a new 20A tamper resistant GFCI that is rated for use in damp locations. 2) Leave the vanity on the old circuit 3) Use the load side of the GFCI receptacle to feed the new switches for the new fan/light...
  4. Jar546

Wiring diagram for bedroom

Before you start framing and wiring, where is your required egress from the bedroom directly to the outside?
  5. Jar546

Double oven and cooktop wiring - connecting three #6 wires

Need the wattage of the appliances. You may need to provide a disconnect or OCPD capable of being locked out.
  6. Jar546

Ducane vent termination

4' to the window or gas meter would be the answer. This does not comply with the manufacturer's requirements or the fuel gas code
  7. Jar546

Ducane vent termination

Ducane 90% with the combustion air taken from inside and not piped from the exterior. Does the manufacturer's installation instructions prohibit this installation?
  8. Jar546

Kitchen wiring and code

When you apply for your electrical permit, the code official will be happy to assist you by answering any questions that you may have. This way you won't risk getting fined or being responsible for damage to life or property since your job will be getting inspected.
  9. Jar546

Crimping ground wires in an outlet box

Either method above is acceptable. I prefere crimps. Takes up less space and you can see the actual connection point.
  10. Jar546

Keep Buying DIY Books

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE January 8, 2010 Release # 10-104 Firm's Recall Hotline: (866) 696-7602 CPSC Recall Hotline: (800) 638-2772 CPSC Media Contact: (301) 504-7908 Home Improvement Books Recalled by Oxmoor House Due to Faulty Wiring Instructions; Shock or Fire Hazard to Consumers WASHINGTON...
  11. Jar546

Electric heater

125% rule applies, no question about that. Sounds like the OP needs to hire someone who knows what they are doing. Simply not enough information given to give an answer. At minimum a dedicated 20a circuit would be needed for using this heater. If it plugs in, I would suggest a single...
  12. Jar546

Will two Taco timers work in parallel?

That there is funny. I don't care who you are:)
  13. Jar546

Will two Taco timers work in parallel?

Yes it would make it work but not how you probably want it to. As far as the damage, like asked above, we would need to know whether they are electronic or mechanical. Reverse bias can do differerent things to electronic equipment if not adequately protected. I too would like to know why...
  14. Jar546

NC Electrical Code - 20A GFCI Circuit in bathroom

You are under the 2008 NEC from what I am told. If that is the case, then yes, a 20A is required. Don't know all of the specifics for your installation so that is a general answer. There are at least 2 very knowledgeable NC code guys on this forum that can help you in case NC has some code...
  15. Jar546

Locating PEX Pipe Under Concrete

Infrared Photography. There are plenty of guys out there that would be happy to get paid to use their IR camera.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks