Recent content by hockeydad

1. H

Unbelieveable - Toto clogged!

Well, it happened. My son clogged our newly installed Toto Clayton. I had such high hopes :-( He continually clogged the old Kohler, but after reading all the raves here, I bought a Toto hoping..... Oh well, time to give that boy more fiber! (P.S. he's 16 and no, he's not putting...
  2. H

spa pump cycling off and on

The pump is a 230 Vac. Four wires, green ground, white common, red hot 115 Vac, and black hot 115 Vac. The red goes to one terminal which is labeled low speed. The black goes to another terminal labeled high speed. I supplied 115 to the low speed and common terminals and got it to run on low...
  3. H

spa pump cycling off and on

I bought a remanufactured spa pump to replace my leaking one. It's 2hp, 2 speed. Every thing was working fine before, except for the leak. I installed the replacement pump and it would run for a while, then turn off/on/off etc... after just a few minutes, it would only run for one or two...
  4. H

Please Help! How to Install a Drop-in Tub!

Foam should not be used to support a tub. It will eventually compress and not offer the required support. Use mortar. If you removed the foam, that means you have access, so just pack in the mortar as tight as you can. If you remove and reinstall the tub, use several mounds of mortar before...
  5. H

Bath exhaust fan venting

My powder room downstairs vents to nowhere as well! There is a fan, but not an outlet anywhere, so it too is just blowing air between the joists. Agree that so many builders will skimp where ever they can. Part of my problem was the lack of code enforcement (or codes for that matter!) in my...
  6. H

Bath exhaust fan venting

Hmmm. I figured anything would be better than what I had. The old fan from the hall bath vented straight in to the attic (idiot builders) and there was no fan in the master bath (and no window, either). I added a fan to the master and remodeled the hall bath and am finishing off the vents...
  7. H

Bath exhaust fan venting

two fans one soffit vent? Regarding connecting two exhaust fans to the same soffit vent: I was planning to do this. Both fans have a flapper valve (not real tight - I know), plus I bought seperate flapper valves that I intend to install on both lines just prior to a Y fitting. These...
  8. H

Sealing IC rated recessed housings

Here is what I installed: http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=60010-337-H7ICAT&lpage=none It is called an "airtite housing" and is IC rated (however I believe their website has an error. The paragraph calls it IC, but the spec sheet says no to IC rated - I...
  9. H

Sealing IC rated recessed housings

Quick question. I installed some IC rated Halo 6" airtite recessed lighting cans in an attic space during my remodel. I used aluminum tape to more completely seal off the units (gaps around the ring, the seams, etc - they didn't look very "airtite" to me). One is over a shower with a sealed...
  10. H

tub shoe misaligned

Thanks everyone. I cut the drain and re-glued it with the tub in place. No leak during the first test. I'm waiting another day for the mortar underneath to dry completely before I fill it all the way up. I couldn't attach the drain to the tub first because the tub was such a tight fit in...
  11. H

tub shoe misaligned

There's some play, but not much. The shoe is up against a joist (but that's not the problem). I can screw in the spud with no problem of cross threading, but the flange doesn't sit flush inside the tub either. Tightening it won't pull it flush either, because that would require twisting the...
  12. H

tub shoe misaligned

OK, I'm an idiot, I admit it. Remodeling bathroom, new plumbing and all. I hooked up the tub drain to the p-trap before installing the tub (solvent weld PVC). Now with the tub in and Durock up, I go to hook up the drain and notice the shoe is not even with the tub bottom. It's twisted a bit...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks