Recent content by Dugfresh

1. Dugfresh

Flange Questions - Please examine my pictures

The flange appears to be too high above the finished floor, squishing out the wax. Unbolt the flange, lower it to be sitting directly atop the floor and then retighten. You should only need one regular sized wax ring to make the seal.
  2. Dugfresh

Interesting toilet install problem

Sorta sounds like a Coroma brand toilet which utilizes a plastic adapter that you would attach to your closet flange via a wax ring but has a one inch offset. You can then offset your toilet forwards or backwards, tho I'm not sure why you would want or need to unless its an oops fix. The adapter...
  3. Dugfresh

Toilet Help

Perhaps the flange isn't really secure to the floor. It is what the toilet is attached to and needs to be rock solid. Is it a concrete or wood floor? If its wood is the wood weak? Does it flex when stepped on hard (like 500 pounds hard) Check with pliers to see if you can pull up on the bolts...
  4. Dugfresh

New toilet installed - not flush to the floor in the front

I think it really depends on how far the gap extends. If its just the tip of the front of the footprint it probably wouldn't have enough leverage to lift the seal. If its a good ways back that isn't contacting, I would replace the bowl. Porcelain plumbing fixtures are hand made and will often...
  5. Dugfresh

Recommendation for 10" Rough-In

One thing about the Toto adapter plate is that you will have to anchor it to the concrete floor, and watch out for some models which require the stop valve to be 7" left of center rather than 6". Due to Toto toilets and some other brands, I now rough my water supplies at least 8" off center...
  6. Dugfresh

New Bathtub Stems

Sounds like the washer is being held on the seat somehow while the stem/handle is being turned on until there is sufficient movement allowing the water to force the valve open. Try wiggling it as you're turning it on to see if it opens sooner. It may just be getting stuck, have a slightly bigger...
  7. Dugfresh

Rear or concealed spud urinal installation

The units that I'm replacing has a single flushometer valve concealed in the wall, it is activated by a timer and sends water to four urinals.. sort of. They want to install individual flush valves. The part that I wasn't sure about was the actual connection of the tail piece to the back of the...
  8. Dugfresh

How to extend a CO?

You will want to make sure that you use long turn radius fittings for any extension. Make sure also that the clean out at your final finished wall isn't tighter than the one that is buried.
  9. Dugfresh

Kitchen sink problem: sprayer jumps every time the faucet is turned on

Is it a side spay or a pull out spayer? A side sprayer faucet sends water to the sprayer, which you're not using it diverts to the spout. My first inkling is that you have too high of water pressure. Anything above 80 is generally above legal. Another thing could be water leaking out of the...
  10. Dugfresh

Rear or concealed spud urinal installation

I'm putting together a proposal to replace 4 rear spud urinals with concealed motion activated flushometer valves but can not find decent installation instructions from Kohler or American Standard. I'd really rather know what and how I'm planning on doing this so I can more accurately bid this...
  11. Dugfresh

Weenies!

Instead of a weenie, we mostly use http://newsite.cherneind.com/Pneumatic/Clean_Seal/ . I just loaned out a test ball and a clean seal to a customer so he could test. When I came back to get them, there was water all over the basement floor from the test ball none from the clean seal. But to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks