Rear or concealed spud urinal installation

Users who are viewing this thread

Dugfresh

Reaction score
I'm putting together a proposal to replace 4 rear spud urinals with concealed motion activated flushometer valves but can not find decent installation instructions from Kohler or American Standard. I'd really rather know what and how I'm planning on doing this so I can more accurately bid this job.
Has anyone installed one, or preferably many, that could hint me in the right direction? I've installed hundreds of flushometer valves, but never a concealed unit. There is only a foot of room between the wall so I cant just walk in there.

http://www.sloanvalve.com/Specifications/Royal_Optima_190_ES-S.pdf <--- flushometer

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The remote unit in your picture just replaces the handle on an existing flush valve. Then you, or an electrician, has to mount the sensor in the wall and connect power to the assembly. How does it flush now? If it is a push button to a flush valve with the "handle in front" then you WILL have to get new flush valves with the handle on the side.

Dugfresh

Reaction score
The units that I'm replacing has a single flushometer valve concealed in the wall, it is activated by a timer and sends water to four urinals.. sort of. They want to install individual flush valves. The part that I wasn't sure about was the actual connection of the tail piece to the back of the urinal since it would be behind the wall and the urinal would already be mounted. I think I got my answer from the manufactures rep here locally in seattle. I'd install a unit that has an access plate that doubles as the housing for the infra red sensor where I could reach into the wall to make the connection to the rear of the urinal.

I should have been more clear with my question.

**edited to add link** hopefully
http://www.sloanvalve.com/Specifications/Sloan_Optima_195_WB_ES-S.pdf

Now that I look again, there is another model that has the whole concealed flush valve, but the tail piece connection protrudes through the wall for a top mount urinal.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks