Recent content by DonJa

1. DonJa

Outdoor Hydrant

Thanks valveman. Found a parts list for Woodford Iowas BUT no RUBBER DISC is listed. Just these:Rod Stem, Upper Link, Reducing Coup. 1 Valve Body, 3/4 Valve Body Packing Nut, Packing, 3/4 Wood Plunger 1 Plunger, 1 Head Assembly 3/4 Head Assembly Lower Link Iwant to replace the whole...
  2. DonJa

Outdoor Hydrant

My Woodford Iowa 205C outdoor hydrant "variable flow" is now a steady flow, as in more than a big drip. I've done a fair amt of DIY indoor plumbing, but not sure where to start with this unit. Should I just start taking it apart? I'm assuming I want to replace the whole unit. ANd what...
  3. DonJa

Woodford Iowa variable flow 205C --Replace or Repair?

My outdoor hydrant "variable flow" is now a steady flow, as in more than a big drip. It is probably 31 years old. It has dripped in past, but usually just adjusting the flow gear and turning on and off has stopped or minimized it. The aspen trees are probably loving the extra water, but i...
  4. DonJa

PlumbersPutty--not for acrylic?

Still working on my new overflow drain. In my last post I wrote "I'm plumbing a new overflow and tub drain.I know I'll need plumbers putty below the rim of the threaded drain plug...." In reading my tub of plumbers putty from Ace it says 'Stainless fixture..." and also Do not use on plastic or...
  5. DonJa

Overflow drain--new bathtub

Thanks. So at the overflow, nothing but the gasket and the pressure of the screws on the faceplate. Would there be anything wrong with inverting the faceplate?? So there will be an extra 1.5" of soaking depth as water begins to overflow at midpoint instead of bottom.
  6. DonJa

OK. ANd the beveled gasket--does it need some silicone or other sealing caulk where it faces up against the tub? i.e. around the actual hole in the acrylic. Thanks!
  7. DonJa

I'm plumbing a new overflow and tub drain.I know I'll need plumbers putty below the rim of the threaded drain plug and have the drain plug washer that goes below the tub. For the overflow, I have the beveled gasket that goes behind the plug (fits well w/ the PVC overflow "elbow"), and a metal...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks