Recent content by DDE

1. DDE

Glass tile

Thanks again, Jim!
  2. DDE

Glass tile

Jim, Thanks for that reminder. What do you think about just leaving the thinset in some grout lines and just grout the rest since my grout is the same color as the thinset. Dustin
  3. DDE

Glass tile

hi again! i'm still in the process of cleaning the thinset on the grout joints and i'm really having a hard time. also i'm worried that i might accidentally remove more tiles. is it ok if i just leave some of the thinset and just grout the other areas? my grout is the same color as my thinset...
  4. DDE

Toilet pipe flange help

Mike, Thanks for the reply. It's over a concrete slab in a 2nd floor condo. When I took out the old toilet there was a plastic flange and just the wax. I didn't check how it was installed. I just assumed it was flushed to the floor. dde
  5. DDE

Toilet pipe flange help

hi everyone. i just finished tiling my bathroom floor and i noticed that the flange for the toilet pipe is lower and not leveled with the finshed floor. even when i placed the plastic flange over it, the front is almost flushed with the finished floor but the back side near the wall is still...
  6. DDE

Glass tile

Jim, Thanks! Dustin
  7. DDE

Glass tile

hi guys! i just finished installing 1"x1" mosaic glass tiles in my bathtub walls. but while i was cleaning the thinset on some of the joints, a few pieces, like 5 pieces, came off. but the rest stuck really good. do i still have to use thinset to put them back? can i use liquid nails?
  8. DDE

Grouting tile

hi everyone! i just finished putting on the tiles in my bathroom. i overlapped the tile over cement board by 1/8". how will i grout the groutlines of the overlapped area?? thanks!
  9. DDE

Attaching stud

hi everyone. i'm attaching a stud to the existing stud on the wall behind my bathtub. what's the right way of screwing the new stud? straight or diagonally? and every how many inches? thanks!
  10. DDE

Removing single handle shower faucet

hi. i'm trying to remove my shower handle. i already removed the small allen screw but i still can't pull it out. is there anything else that i need to take out? thanks!
  11. DDE

Hardibacker screw

i'm installing 1/2" hardibacker around my tub and screwed 1/2" furring strips on the studs. the longest screw that hardibacker has is 1 5/8". can i just use other long screws or can i just use roofing nails?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks