toilet pipe flange help

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by dde, Aug 19, 2007.

1. dde

dde New Member

hi everyone. i just finished tiling my bathroom floor and i noticed that the flange for the toilet pipe is lower and not leveled with the finshed floor. even when i placed the plastic flange over it, the front is almost flushed with the finished floor but the back side near the wall is still lower by almost 1/2". what can i do?
  2. Is this bathroom over a slab, basement or crawlspace?
    The toilet flange should be bolted to the finished floor level of the bathroom floor, with only the thickness of the flange above floor level.
    There are several ways to handle this. Just let us know what you're dealing with, and we'll be glad to help you.
    Mike
  3. dde

dde New Member

Mike,

Thanks for the reply. It's over a concrete slab in a 2nd floor condo. When I took out the old toilet there was a plastic flange and just the wax. I didn't check how it was installed. I just assumed it was flushed to the floor.

dde