Toilet pipe flange help

Users who are viewing this thread

DDE

Reaction score
hi everyone. i just finished tiling my bathroom floor and i noticed that the flange for the toilet pipe is lower and not leveled with the finshed floor. even when i placed the plastic flange over it, the front is almost flushed with the finished floor but the back side near the wall is still lower by almost 1/2". what can i do?

Mike Swearingen

Reaction score
Website
www.albemarle-realty.com
Is this bathroom over a slab, basement or crawlspace?
The toilet flange should be bolted to the finished floor level of the bathroom floor, with only the thickness of the flange above floor level.
There are several ways to handle this. Just let us know what you're dealing with, and we'll be glad to help you.
Mike

DDE

Reaction score
Mike,

Thanks for the reply. It's over a concrete slab in a 2nd floor condo. When I took out the old toilet there was a plastic flange and just the wax. I didn't check how it was installed. I just assumed it was flushed to the floor.

dde

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks