removing single handle shower faucet

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by dde, Aug 10, 2007.

1. dde

dde New Member

hi. i'm trying to remove my shower handle. i already removed the small allen screw but i still can't pull it out. is there anything else that i need to take out? thanks!
  2. Peanut9199

Peanut9199 Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale

All depends on what show handle you have but most of the time it takes a good pull, you normally have a billed up of lime.
  3. GrumpyPlumber

GrumpyPlumber Licensed Grump

Oh, wait....lets be clear on terminology...
    The "handle" is the chrome or brushed nickle finish handle...the "stem/ cartridge" is the actual working part of the valve the handle is attached to.
    If your only taking the "handle" off and it's a moen...DON'T pull that clip!
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Moen

Unless you remove the handle and stop tube, you can't even get to the clip. If it is a Delta lever handle shower valve, then the handle can corrode to the round stem on the ball. If so, you have to rotate it while pulling on it.