removing single handle shower faucet

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by dde, Aug 10, 2007.

1. dde

dde New Member

hi. i'm trying to remove my shower handle. i already removed the small allen screw but i still can't pull it out. is there anything else that i need to take out? thanks!

2. Peanut9199

Peanut9199 Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
    All depends on what show handle you have but most of the time it takes a good pull, you normally have a billed up of lime.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. GrumpyPlumber

GrumpyPlumber Licensed Grump

Plumber, self employed
    Oh, wait....lets be clear on terminology...
    The "handle" is the chrome or brushed nickle finish handle...the "stem/ cartridge" is the actual working part of the valve the handle is attached to.
    If your only taking the "handle" off and it's a moen...DON'T pull that clip!

5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Plumber
    Moen

Unless you remove the handle and stop tube, you can't even get to the clip. If it is a Delta lever handle shower valve, then the handle can corrode to the round stem on the ball. If so, you have to rotate it while pulling on it.