Is trenchless pipe allowed in Chicago

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I'm looking forward to seeing some of the plumbing in India this Winter. It should be interesting what with all the different cast systems. The haves and the have nots.
We'll have a driver and car at least.

Using trenchless makes a lot of sense, not having to dig up the yard so badly. They do it in Washington State.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to seeing some of the plumbing in India this Winter. It should be interesting what with all the different cast systems. The haves and the have nots.
We'll have a driver and car at least.

Using trenchless makes a lot of sense, not having to dig up the yard so badly. They do it in Washington State.
Terry, can you say squat? LOL

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
I have a feeling the OP was a spammer, but in case others come across this thread. In Chicago, it all depends on what you type of trenchless sewer work is going to be done. Lining of the sewer is allowed in most cases. Pipe bursting not so much, this depends on type of material being used as the replacement pipe, and location of nearby utilities. As for Chicago Plumbing code, it does not address the sewer, you have to talk to someone in the Chicago Sewer Department, and follow the Chicago's sewer and drain laying codes.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks