Does Annual teeth x-rays cause cancer ?

Users who are viewing this thread

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
There is a lot of talk about too many tooth X-rays causing brain cancer.

I really think that it does.

have a Great Day.

Avoid Doctors...

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
I am pretty sure they are talking about the older xrays not the ones of today. I hope anyways. :)
What a swap, think about it, teeth or brains, lol.

What would you pick? Now remember, they are saying, benign brain tumors. So, it ain't that bad. I pick teeth. :)

Last edited:

Chad Schloss

Reaction score
what these days does not cause cancer?!? you've got aspartame, red meat, cell phones, x rays, power lines, diet, stress, etc. who knows what causes cancer.

Cookie

Reaction score
Genes. It says my message is too short. But, genes.

Have you noticed that at least, the things it is said to cause cancer are not the pleasureable things in life. Like how pleasurable it is to live near power lines OR have dental exrays, or smoke, yuk, or to do brakes for a living or remove asbetos, I guess, a steak is nice thought at times, but talking on a cell phone is usually, a necessity not for fun and heck, stess is just a necessary evil... but, the pleasurable things in life, like sex, and a good book, good music, good company, are not cancerous.

So, can we say, if we only do, all the pleasurable things in life will we be healthy, wealthy and wise?

( you could end up with a STD, go blind, become deaf, and bored, lol.) still better than the big C, and toothless.

Last edited:

Chad Schloss

Reaction score
my friend was 24 when she was diagnosed with breast cancer. she was adoped, so she knows nothing of family history.wonder if it really is genes? she had it removed and she is fine today. she did smoke and used to drink tons of pepsi. other than that, shes real healthy, weighs about 95 lbs. and works out daily. makes you wonder how something like that can happen to her, vs someone like me, who eats way too much, drinks too much, weighs in over 300 lbs and i rarely excersize? strange. life is funny like that.

Cookie

Reaction score
Glad to hear your gf is doing fine... that is great news. Yes, I still think the genes play a major major role. I think, genes plays a large part of all things. My dad had his first kidney stone at age 21. I got a kidney stone on my 21st birthday, what a present! One day, I think, mapping of genes is going to be as common place as ABC, and things will be prevented from the very start. It is just a matter of time, I think.

I wonder if anyone told your girlfriend there is a way she can test to see if it is genetic?
http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Risk/BRCA

It is said, their are triggers that turn on the gene, for me, I think it is relatives. :(

:)

Last edited:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
If dental xrays cause cancer, I should be a gonner by now! My teeth should be GLOWING IN THE DARK!!!!!!!

I believe that existing on the earth exposes a person to cancer risks. Industrial smoke stacks mean anything? God only knows what is in/on ALL the food available to us. Fooling yourself if you waste money on organic/free range/blah blah! They are in the same soil, same acid rain, etc etc.

Do I worry about all this??? NOT IN THE LEAST, because my pal DARWIN will sort it all out!!

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
If dental xrays cause cancer, I should be a gonner by now! My teeth should be GLOWING IN THE DARK!!!!!!!

I believe that existing on the earth exposes a person to cancer risks. Industrial smoke stacks mean anything? God only knows what is in/on ALL the food available to us. Fooling yourself if you waste money on organic/free range/blah blah! They are in the same soil, same acid rain, etc etc.

Do I worry about all this??? NOT IN THE LEAST, because my pal DARWIN will sort it all out!!
My dentist uses the new lower energy? electronic xray imaging that does not use any film. They still put the lead blanket on my lap to protect the family jewels, though.:rolleyes:

DonL

Reaction score
My dentist uses the new lower energy? electronic xray imaging that does not use any film. They still put the lead blanket on my lap to protect the family jewels, though.:rolleyes:

You can tell something is going on, when they go into another room to push the switch.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
You can tell something is going on, when they go into another room to push the switch.
. Oh yeah, and this: Oh, you'll only feel a little pinch while I stick this needle into your upper palette. YYYYIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIkes!

DonL

Reaction score
. Oh yeah, and this: Oh, you'll only feel a little pinch while I stick this needle into your upper palette. YYYYIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIkes!

They used to say Prick, But that was politically incorrect. Especial when it is a male doctor, and you close your eyes.

Cookie

Reaction score

Sorry, but once you been there, done it, you will worry.

Cookie

Reaction score
Here's what I can't figure out. Where I work part time, next to the place, their is one of those nail salons. Oh, yeah, I walk past them, look in, and the "techs" are sitting there with masks on. There the stupid customers are sitting breathing it all in. All for fake nails, which they could easily grow theirselves, eh. So, if the salon doesn't turn on the fan, required by OSHA, I am now breathing it next door. That does not work with me. I can easily smell it, and, I go outback, look at their fan and if I do not see it running, I am back next door, now, loudly saying in their place of business, " YOU NEED TO TURN YOUR FAN ON, I GOT A HUGE HISTORY OF CANCER AND WHAT YOU USE CAUSES CANCER." Every one of their customers' heads spin like the girl on the excorist who puked split green soup. So, after a while, they got the message, when they see me coming, I will again, make that unwanted announcement and, they get up real quick, making a motion, they are going, they are going to the fan switch. But, my questions are why are earth would anyone want to glue on nails and especially, with a glue which can make you very unhappy down the road, and, why does this place, just not turn on the fan?

I was talking to someone today about this. It is because the fan is blowing the airconditioning out in the summer, and in the winter, blowing out the heat. Now, if they think, that cost is expensive, I could enlighten them and show them some REAL bills, money spent to try to save your own life.

Just on tv, a thing about certain nail polishes harboring 3 toxic cancer producing chemicals, one which they alone, embalm people with. Yuk. Yuk.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
There is a lot of talk about too many tooth X-rays causing brain cancer.

I really think that it does.

have a Great Day.

Avoid Doctors...

Article in Neurology today. Never have a full tooth set shot at once, and do just a few every few years with a NEW machine.

Still, the lifetime risk of a brain tumor seem to rise ony about 1 to 2% with the old machines.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Here's what I can't figure out. Where I work part time, next to the place, their is one of those nail salons. Oh, yeah, I walk past them, look in, and the "techs" are sitting there with masks on. There the stupid customers are sitting breathing it all in. All for fake nails, which they could easily grow theirselves, eh. So, if the salon doesn't turn on the fan, required by OSHA, I am now breathing it next door. That does not work with me. I can easily smell it, and, I go outback, look at their fan and if I do not see it running, I am back next door, now, loudly saying in their place of business, " YOU NEED TO TURN YOUR FAN ON, I GOT A HUGE HISTORY OF CANCER AND WHAT YOU USE CAUSES CANCER." Every one of their customers' heads spin like the girl on the excorist who puked split green soup. So, after a while, they got the message, when they see me coming, I will again, make that unwanted announcement and, they get up real quick, making a motion, they are going, they are going to the fan switch. But, my questions are why are earth would anyone want to glue on nails and especially, with a glue which can make you very unhappy down the road, and, why does this place, just not turn on the fan?

I was talking to someone today about this. It is because the fan is blowing the airconditioning out in the summer, and in the winter, blowing out the heat. Now, if they think, that cost is expensive, I could enlighten them and show them some REAL bills, money spent to try to save your own life.

Just on tv, a thing about certain nail polishes harboring 3 toxic cancer producing chemicals, one which they alone, embalm people with. Yuk. Yuk.

Cookie, learn to speak Korean, and you can surprize them, Like George Castanza's father (Jerry Stiller) on Seinfeld did. that was a funny one. Hey they were ALL funny. I have 177 Seinfeld episodes recorded on my PC (including specials). they take up 255 GB of that "videos" hard drive.

But I digress!:p

Cookie

Reaction score
What was the name of their Xmas? Festus? ? Remember that pole? ! Oh, I love that show, I laugh so hard at Kramer. I saw them all I bet, more than once.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks