Please recommend Toto or Eljier 1 piece models

Users who are viewing this thread

NAsh

Reaction score
I am researching into purchasing new toilets for my house and have been advised Toto and Eljier are the models to purchase. Any recommendations on recommended model names - preferably one piece?

NAsh

Reaction score
Toto

Any particular models you recommend:

Carusoe?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Carusoe is not made as a one-piece toilet.
The Carusoe is not one I have been recommending either.

Something like the Toto Ultimate, Ultramax, Carlyle, Plymouth, Supreme, any of those with G-Max or Power Gravity using the 3" flush valve.

RedHouse

Reaction score
The Drake II dosen't work for me. The Drake and other models do, though.

My son puts rocks in the toilet and it won't flush rocks.

Last edited by a moderator:

dinkledoodle

Reaction score
We have a contemporary decorating style and have the Carlyle in the guest bath and the Eco-Soiree in the Master. Love, love, love them both. Had the Carlyle for about a year. Liked it so much I swapped out the other toilet for the Soiree a couple of weeks ago. BTW, you're in the right place to ask. I did tons of research (DW thinks far too much) before settling on my toilets. And this forum is about the best resource around. Chose the models for the look, chose Toto for the quality. Between the extreme flush and the CEFIONTECT finish, they're hard to beat....

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I did tons of research (DW thinks far too much) before settling on my toilets. And this forum is about the best resource around. Chose the models for the look, chose Toto for the quality. Between the extreme flush and the CEFIONTECT finish, they're hard to beat....

Couldn't agree more!

Spouses ("DW" = "dear wife??") don't always understand why we put the time into researching a toilet purchase, but as you say, on this site you realize that there really are some serious differences between brands. You also realize that the advice you get from big box stores, and even from designers, is usually not very accurate. Here, you get the real deal -- real life experience of busy plumbers who know things like which brands (with generally good reputations) actually have a high rate of defects.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks