standing water in clawfoot tub

Users who are viewing this thread

tsk0301

Reaction score
I just replaced the 80 year old drain and overflow assembly on my clawfoot tub. No leaks now but within 30 seconds I have standing water in the tub. Did the old ball joint on the drain create negative pressure that the new T doesn't?

Any ideas or suggestions appreciated!!!

Winslow

Plumber
Reaction score
I just replaced the 80 year old drain and overflow assembly on my clawfoot tub. No leaks now but within 30 seconds I have standing water in the tub. Did the old ball joint on the drain create negative pressure that the new T doesn't?

Any ideas or suggestions appreciated!!!

within 30 seconds of what?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drain

Negative pressure would suck the water out of the tub. You have a plugged drain. Although you might have a poorly designed drain fitting.

Last edited:

tsk0301

Reaction score
It drains eventually. Also, the sink and toilet are downstream on the same line and work fine. I also flushed out the p-trap on the tub before reattaching.

The tub drained without any issues prior to the new hardware. I did not change anything below the floor, including alignment / slope of pipes.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks