Users who are viewing this thread

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
Here's how this works in certain areas:

If everyone owns a gun, knows that it's a common thing in the town/neighborhood?

Gun violence/gun related incidents go sharply down.

Where the most restrictions are that prohibit gun use, that's where the gun violence goes up.

Virginia tech shootings: guy was patience to wait 7 days, 14 days, 30 days.

If someone wants to kill someone, it's going to happen. Pick your weapon of choice. Gun isn't always the logical answer for some but you can line up all the dead bodies from head to toe...won't ever stop violence.

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
I just mentioned that in areas where everyone owns a gun, and less restrictions, gun violence goes down. That means the everyday criminal understands there's a higher probability he'll be met with the same stopping force.

You cannot stop gun violence removing guns; the government has implemented steps, banned certain ones, given time delays and background checks.

Seems to me it's the individual and not the weapon that's killing people. Nothing wrong for feeling sorry for dead people. We all get there eventually.

These talking points are rehashed when there is death in this fashion, but when you count the dead that were accomplished by improperly marked intersections...the value of human death goes staggering low. That aluminum sign or flashing red light holds a higher value.

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
You may not want to hear this, but I studied quite extensively about this in college, and to tell you that you are wrong, you wouldn't understand why it goes along with sociology. It is something you really have to study, sorry to sound arrogant.

No, it's not arrogant because there's two sides to every coin and perception is either skewed or followed.

I follow the perception of what I see and hear, witness in regards to the issues about guns.

Here's one just this morning:

http://kdka.com/local/officers.shot.Stanton.2.975820.html

That's 7 dead police officers in the past 4 weeks.

But for every 1 person that uses a gun in this fashion, there 12-10,000 that use theirs appropriately and in a mature, adult fashion.

And the guy has a right to be concerned about losing the right to bear arms. It's a "constitutional" thing.

Speaking of college,

When that Cho Seung-Hui started blowing away all those students,

Not one, not one highly educated individual had the ability to protect themselves, and a gun would of.

I don't need an education in sociology to understand that you don't bring a knife to a gun fight, let alone a book or try to stop what cannot be stopped.

If every gun was removed from the earth *which it won't be* this same type of element will find another way to do the damage they are wanting to cause.

I am now going to blow up my toilet with the Taco Bell 4th meal that arrived a few hours sooner than I expected.

Cookie

Reaction score
Actually, then one link I posted was to where the 7 was killed this morning. It is the best if you can understand why people do the killing, that is sociology.

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
Actually, then one link I posted was to where the 7 was killed this morning. It is the best if you can understand why people do the killing, that is sociology.

But why does that matter? It doesn't because you can't stop them before it happens. You can't fix people, and that's how it goes.

This guy lost his job, like millions of others, doesn't like Obama and his gun control, and he went all postal on people that didn't deserve to die.

It's now the "I'm sorry" for what I've done, he'll do time and the next death or deaths are soon to come.

You figure out how to solve the next killing before it happens and everyone in sociology will be called slackers for not fixing this problem sooner.

Please do not say community educational programs because the government is interested in business organizations that create incomes, not fix bad people in this world that we cannot repair. That's one way spending and those don't equate to dollars building the empire.

Cookie

Reaction score
You teach them when they all young. Kids are our future. You teach them right.

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
You teach them when they all young. Kids are our future. You teach them right.

????

You are aware that kids bring guns to schools more in this day and age than ever? I swear it's extra-curricular for school sponsored activities its so commonplace.

Kids and Children already know the hazards. You have some type of "smoking gun" answer to these problems that will fix it all?

Or are you just exercising your opinion for evening discussion? :p

I see you pointing fingers and pitching good intent, but reality is BANG! POW!

LOOK OUT!

"He's got a GUN! Run for cover!"

Oh ****! Film at 11.

I'm truly numb when it comes to death. It's on the news every night, shows are created around it, I work around dead people at funeral homes, and the news about shooting people up is now common.

I didn't make the news, I just watched it.

Last edited:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
From a practical standpoint, the horse is out of the barn on guns. If any attempt was made to restrict gun sales, or confiscate guns, then law abiding citizens would not have them but all the crooks would.

If the cops would just shoot more crooks, that would slow down a lot of inner city gun crime! But unless you take away TV and the internet, nothing will stop the loonies who have made news recently.....unless of course the receptionist at those locations had a .38 in the desk drawer!

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
But how do you explain the illiteracy rate in children that go through 12 years of schooling,

and still cannot read or write?

Do you teach about s.e.x., or do you teach about guns? Do you talk about gettin' educated or do you talk about half-co.cked crazies like this guy was, who went to school, had a college education and is faaaaaaaaaaar smarter than me,

and one day just snapped.

There is absolutely no way to stop what the human mind is determined to do, carry out.

That's why people excel to be their best, no matter what the cost, that's why people do bad things, no matter what the cost.

Those two paralells are actually closer than what people will openly admit.

Damn I feel a 5th meal banging at my back door, I'm going to have to complain to Taco Bell, or is it Fecal Bell at this point. :eek:

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
With every right or privilege there comes responsibility...it is unfortunate that people are not responsible.

People speed and kill others...people drink and kill others abusing the privilege to drive...some people use language to create a situation where they beat people to death...( the gay guy in Texas and others)...

Politicians abuse their power by being irresponsible, without any ability for the governed to have fast and just recourse...this causes problems that can lead to people dying...

When it comes to Constitutional Rights the only people who have the right to change them are are the Governed...polititions should not abuse their power changing them but they do by slowly eroding the Rights of the People...over time the People feel like they are trapped and powerless...this causes people to snap...

The 1st and 2nd Amendment were placed 1st and 2nd for a reason...because they are the 2 most important, for The People (individuals), in order to retain freedome...and in preventing tyrrany...which we are very very slowly heading for...The boil a frog principle.

The argument as to whether guns are an individual right or not is simple to understand...When reading the Constitution you will see that the only thing granted to government is / are power(s)...Rights are only given to the People (individuals)...the 2nd Amendment is for The People not the government...

When politicians trample on the Peoples Rights (something they swore to uphold and defend) they ultimately are the problem...The Supreme Court liberals who twist and bend the Constitution, as they see it, are also to blame for not preserving the Peoples Rights...

As far as the question goes...Do we need gun control...we have gun controll now...with what I believe is mostly rational laws attempting to keep guns out of the hands of criminals, and people with mental problems...no system will be fool proof and criminals will always ignore the law...any gun control laws enacted should not affect law abiding citizens from exercising their Constitutional Rights...Should the time come where people think the 2nd Ammendment should be changed, then and and only the People have a Right to change it...

Last edited:

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
This sort of thing happens all the time, but there's no rhyme or reason for it to happen, but it does.

http://cbs3.com/national/father.kids.dead.2.976262.html

Read the bottom of that article where CPS and police were called numerous times to that home and there's only so much you can do

by the letter of the law.

Now, if society educated those children, how do you think they would of removed themselves from that situation that day?

No education other than bail out a glass window and run like ****ing hell if you want to live. That's it.

That was done to get back at the wife, especially if it was her kids.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
We NEED better Gun Control......

I totally agree that we need more gun controll...

people NEED to use both hands when pointing a gun at a burguler, if they would simply take
BETTER AIM and kill them dead,

their would not be as many theives clogging up the
prizon system....

I carry a 9mm in my truck and keep an extra
22cal back up with me at all times.....

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Mark...I'm just curious...does Indiana require a permit for concealed carry and do you have one?

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
I would like to own one but one that looks like this...

2527589553_6fd27dea9f.jpg

Costs on the order of about $16,000.00 because they stopped the Mfg. of any new ones a long time ago and the ones that were already made have increased in value.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks