Your opinion on wet vents...

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by coach606, Jun 27, 2006.

1. coach606

coach606 New Member

I'm designing one (with help) for my attic. It led to a heated discussion amongst a few tradesmen.

Here's the thread: http://www.terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?p=40724#post40724

Anyone else want to give his opinion on whether wet vents are going to clog unreasonably and how this is worse than a regular clog?

As I said, I respect everyone's opinion on this and I thank TBPLUMBLOCO for all his help on the design. I'm going to go with it to my inspector.
  2. plumber1

plumber1 Plumber

I have an opinion. HJ is correct.
  3. Cass

Cass Plumber

I agree with hj also.

I think the past problems with wet vents was the term wet vent.

Many older homes were flat vented and the term used back then may have been wet vent. Flat venting would definately cause problems and require frequent snaking.

The wet venting allowed now should work like a charm.
  4. coach606

coach606 New Member

what's a flat vent?

what's a flat vent?? Is it when the vent line of a fixture is below the water level of it?
  5. prashster

prashster New Member

Nope. Flat venting is when the takeoff of the ventline from the drain is at less than 45 degress from horizontal. When the takeoff is not 45 deg or better, then the opening can be blocked.