wye or what

Users who are viewing this thread

Mcnattyp

Reaction score
5968216464_b33466e5c7.jpg

What fitting to use here?

I can run the sink and toilet lines at elevations relative to each other (the dotted line). The sink is 2" drain, the toilet 3".

Would it be a 3" elbow with 2" heel inlet like this? Or is that baaaad for the toilet vent?

images

I could connect the lav drain downstream from this fitting and connect via a wye on its side.

Job is in Portland Oregon.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
You can not use a heel outlet tee to pick up the lav/vent in that position

Mcnattyp

Reaction score
How about a combo tee (aka wye-tee):
abs_combo_left.jpg

The toilet is vertical, sink to the left and drain to the right. I would put a reducing on the sink end to go from 3" to 2".

Plumber2011

Expert Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.norwoodplumbing.com
Hi guys

I think you would be better off ending the toilet run in 4"x3" elbow and installing a 3"x2" wye fitting, rolled above the centerline of the toilet drain pipe...makes for a better vent relationship to the toilet drain line...see image below.

Attachments

• terry july23.jpg
    terry july23.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 264

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
That does pass IPC but it is always better for the water closet to be washed by a fixture upstream on a wet vent system.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks