Wrong Fleck 2510 Valve?

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by JSM8786, Mar 17, 2011.

1. JSM8786

JSM8786 JMann

I am in the process of converting my upflow acid neutralizer to a down flow acid neutrailzer. I purchased a Fleck 2510 12 Day Valve. Once I pulled it out of the box, I noticed a brine valve connection in addition to the drain valve. Have I made a mistake and ordered the wrong valve? If so, can I convert the valve or do I try exchange it for the correct valve?
  2. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

Regenerated type filters use the brine valve to draw regenerant but an AN filter does not regenerate, it backwashes only, so send the valve back to be replaced by a non regenerate type rather than you changing the parts needed for the conversion. You also need the correct DLFC button for your size AN filter so have the dealer set the valve up for your specific use.