Wirsbo / Uponor Pex Air Expander Tool

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by DavidTu, Dec 28, 2009.

1. DavidTu

DavidTu Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Does anyone have experience and thoughts on the pros and cons for the air expander tool? This is driven by pneumatic pressure but I cannot find a vid to see how it operates. Anyway, there are a few of these on **** and they are bidding a lot less than for the manual expanders. I am wondering why this would be?

Also, there appear to be different designs for them so if one is better than another or more importantly if one is known to be a lemon design please let me know.
  2. CountryBumkin

CountryBumkin Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    I have the manual expander. I have the older model that comes in the green case. Functionally no different from model in blue case. Unless you are doing many dozens of fittings a day or working with 1" and 1-1/4" pipe, I don't see why anyone would want the air model. More things/pieces to lug around, lose, and break.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement