Wirsbo / Uponor Installation Question

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by craigs, Jul 26, 2008.

1. craigs

craigs New Member

I M repiping my house with Wirsbo / Uponor. The inspector told me that he wanted all the pipes under the house insulated. I also need to secure it every 32 inches. The problem is that the floor framing is post and beam 6 foot on center with 4 x 8 beams. Car decking sub floor. I do not want to drill through the beams if at all possible. Would it be OK to hang, under the beams, 1 x 3 ? Then insulate the Wirsbo and zip strap the works to the 1 x 3 for the runs across the house?
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2008
  2. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

I doubt he'd like tubing zip tied to a 1 X 3...

Why not use products designed for the job... Here are a few of them

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Why not consider a few feet of extra tubing to follow beams?

or, a bit more expensive than that...
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2008
  3. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Last edited: Jul 26, 2008
  4. craigs

craigs New Member

I have and do use the nail pipe clamps. This install however is the first time I have never had a floor joists system to nail to. The girders are spaced 6 feet apart. Being the weekend I cannot talk to the inspector and wanted to be finished with the rough in. Thank U. Craig
  5. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Those Watts clip rails are 6 1/2' long.
  6. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

hangers

Use a 1x4. Put the insulation on the tubing, then use a 2 hole pipe clamp large enough to fit over the insulation and then screw that to the 1x4.
  7. craigs

craigs New Member

Thank U very much. That worked great. Craig