winterizing a house

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by fast pasquale, Jan 14, 2007.

1. fast pasquale

fast pasquale hardwood flooring contractor

Jan 7, 2007
    Too many to list
    cleveland, ohio
    i live in cleveland ohio.... i have a bunch of rental properties and have a few vacancies right now... my question is do i have to completely winterize the house if i am not intrested in keeping the heat on or can shut off the water to one side of the unit (vacant side)..bleed all the pipes from the top down... pour a bit of antifreeze in the traps and toilets and be done with it.. or will i have freezing issues... its been getting as cold as 27 F at night...but the other side of the house has full heat... i noticed the lowest it has gone the vacant side has been about 42 F... what do you think?? thanks so much
  2. Cass

Cass Plumber

Nov 12, 2005
    If you take a compressor and blow out all your water lines after you have turned off power / gas then drained your water heater. And replace all the water in the traps with RV antifreeze. Then you can turn off all heat on 1 side and not worry.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement