WILL IT FIT!!! whirlpool in slab basement

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by THEROKIE0070, Apr 30, 2006.

1. THEROKIE0070

THEROKIE0070 New Member

Apr 30, 2006
    I found the perfect whirlpool jetted tub for my basement and need to know if it will work out or if I am getting in over my head. the drain plug on the tub is 11" from one wall and 28" from the other, the drain in the concrete is 7.5" X 23.5". I can elevate the tub if need be. second the toilet stubbing is 14.5 inchs from the tub if it were in place is this enough room for a toliet? I am in Iraq and trying to get an idea what to do when I return home but the tub is on sale so I need to know if I should take the risk and get it while it is cheap.
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Aug 31, 2004
    San Diego
    The toilet is too close for comfort, so to speak, and for code , which would be 15" minimum. Raising the tub is probably a bad idea. Seems like the easy solution, but usually turns into a complete cluge. Jackhammering the slab is often not as big a job as you might suspect. You should probably talk to a general contractor who would be familiar with any possible issues.....steel, post tension, etc.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement