Why is like this Inside Attic having lot of Moisturization Water on Top of Insulation in Winter

Users who are viewing this thread

tester22

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am having problem in Attic,

1)--I mean Inside Attic having lot of Moisturization Water on Top of Insulation in Winter time, when I move Insulation all Dry in bottom, only Top of insulation this Moisturization Water is there.
Is there any body know from there this water is growing in Attic.
And there is no leak from the Roof also.

2)--This is Town House attach other House on both sides, and on Top Floor Room on both side Ceiling there is Fungus/Mold is growing in Winter time only, so we go inside Attic to look on both Corners, there is no Water at all, only the thing I notice that place is very Cold. And from inside I feel that both Left side & Right side Corners are very cold, because of that Fungus/Mold is growing on both Corners.

Please let know what solution I have to apply on Ceiling Dry Wall on both Corners, to not grow Fungus & Mold.

Thanks

Fitter30

Reaction score
No from the bathroom? Is the gable ends have vents? Warm moist air must be condensing. Does your electric company offer a energy audit?

tester22

Reaction score
Hi, yes there is a Washroom on this Top Floor and the Exhaust Fan directly Vent out through Vent Pipe to Roof it is connected, so the Air get out from the Roof.

tester22

Reaction score
And I am attaching few Photos. Other photos says file is too big, so I can't attach.

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 45
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 43

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think there's a leak in your exhaust pipe connection.

In the winter the air from outside of your house has very little moisture in it. For outside air to condense in your attic is very unlikely. This indicates your attic is being supplied with moist air from your house somewhere. Possibly the clothes dryer or the bathroom.

Fitter30

Reaction score
Heat from the house has to meet with cold air and condensation is formed. Bathroom exhaust fans just dump into the attic or plumbing vent lines? Have you looked at all penetrations from wiring to plumbing pipes to see if their sealed with caulk coming through the ceiling? Pic 11 in that light shining in over the g in get? Is that a unfinished floor? Roof have a vented ridge cap?

tester22

Reaction score
I have another problem in my Home around the Windows on mirrors lot of Moistorization Water occupying, so all water leak on the Base, and I clean every day 10 time per Window, and around the Windows Fungus growing, so I clean ever day water.
So what cause this Windows releasing water problem in my Home. This problem I face in Winter time only.

Fitter30

Reaction score
Call your electric company see if they offer a energy audit with a blower door test. Do you have kitchen and bathroom exhaust fans? Single pane windows or older thermopane? 1/4" gap at best. What is your heat?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks