White plastic debris plugging faucet. Bad dip tube

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by cbs1, Sep 18, 2006.

1. cbs1

cbs1 New Member

There was a thread on this subject back in 2004, did anybody ever figure out where this debris was coming from?, I have the same problem - only in the hot water line and only in the kitchen faucet.
  2. plumber1

plumber1 Plumber

first guess is your dip tube, it takes cold water to near the bottom of the w/h. its probably deteriorating and needs to be replaced.

Or it's the mag. rod deteriorating and it needs replacing. I wouldn't replace it if your heater is very old. I would just plug the hole.