Which material threaded rod can I use for copper split ring hangers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Thekid1

Reaction score
I need to run a 1" copper domestic water line horizontally against a concrete wall and be as close as possible. Originally I had 1½" kindorf with clamps, but i need it closer to wall. The run is only about 6ft. I was thinking copper split ring hangers and drop-in concrete anchors with threaded rod. Anyone know which threaded rod material will NOT cause corrosion with the copper hangers? Thanks.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
plastic all thread? hangar takes 3/8 inch rod just buy a couple brass bolts and cut the heads off if it must be less corrosive maybe you can find plastic dont know

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Depending on what hangers you buy they are just coated with epoxy or copper. We use regular all thread and it doesn't cause any issues. I've re-used the hangers after many years of having all zinc coated all thread in them and there's nothing wrong with them.

Reach4

Reaction score
I need to run a 1" copper domestic water line horizontally against a concrete wall and be as close as possible. Originally I had 1½" kindorf with clamps, but i need it closer to wall. The run is only about 6ft. I was thinking copper split ring hangers and drop-in concrete anchors with threaded rod. Anyone know which threaded rod material will NOT cause corrosion with the copper hangers? Thanks.
Threaded rod hangers would be hanging from the ceiling, or would the rods be horizontal? If you are screwing into the wall, this does not seem to be the application for a threaded-rod type. Also, consider your insulation.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I wasent second guessing his instalation but a 6 ft run of one inch copper on a concrete wall with split ring hangars ought to be solid when putting as close to the wall as possible. The kid 1 there are applications where a split ring hangar is not best Id agree generally verticle but as close to wall as possible with a rod and 1 1/2 long I wouldnt normaly be concerned if its in public access like a school with kids that could hang on it it would be poor choice but ive seen split rings on walls i might not be concerned .
totally agree with john but 2 hangars may be 2 inches total of all thread needed Id just use the brass bolts Im assumuing I had to make a special trip to buy the material and I was extremly concerned with using something less corrosive like on exterior of a beachfront property

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks