Where’s the Water

Users who are viewing this thread

Heyjoe

Reaction score
When I pressurized my COLD boiler to 25 psi and isolate it by shutting off all the valves the pressure drops to zero. In an hour it dropped about 10 psi. Why don’t I see water water dripping on the burner tubes since it’s cold?

When a boiler heat exchanger leaks how does that cause the pressure to rise when running, if the pressure reducing valve is off and no new water can enter the system.

When I changed my expansion tank I didn’t get it tighten enough at first and I noticed a “brown streak” (rust) trailing down on the tank. Is that rust color of leaking water an indicator of a rusting leaking heat exchanger.

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
When a boiler heat exchanger leaks how does that cause the pressure to rise when running, if the pressure reducing valve is off and no new water can enter the system.
I thought that was covered in one or more of the 18 other threads that you started since Feb 17.

If there is a heat exchanger between 25 psi boiler water and 60 psi city water, what would happen if there was a leak between those?

Heyjoe

Reaction score
I thought that was covered in one or more of the 18 other threads that you started since Feb 17.

If there is a heat exchanger between 25 psi boiler water and 60 psi city water, what would happen if there was a leak between those?

Sorry, for all the Questions. Have a nice day.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks