Where can I get this funky DWV PVC 6-sided cross piece???

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by sinkholed, Jun 13, 2007.

1. sinkholed

sinkholed New Member

Main soil stack is directly below adjoining bathrooms. Stack contains a single piece of PVC that's a SIX-connector piece. This thing literally handles everything but the kitchen sink:eek:

1. NORTH goes up & out to roof vent
    2. SOUTH goes down to connect to house drain
    3. WEST connects out & up to toilet
    4. EAST connects out & up to toilet
    5. BACK connects out & up to a tee for trapped sink & tub
    6. FRONT connects out & up to a tee for trapped shower & tub

This is the original plumbing in a 35 year old ranch. Do they even make something like this anymore???

Also, previous tub used brass for its overflow & drain pipes (which then connected into PVC trap). Pros & cons of using PVC vs brass for the new tub?

Thanks!
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Nibco makes that in black ABS, not sure about PVC. It is called a double sanitary tee with 90º side inlets. It is part number 5835-9-9, and is available as 4x4x4x4x2x2, and 3x3x3x3x2x2.
  3. FloridaOrange

FloridaOrange Plumbing Designer

Check Charlotte Pipe.
  4. how many do you want???

did you say in 3 inch????

I think that is called a 3 inch double ideal cross.....

it is a cross to go to both toilets, up to the stack and down to the sewer....and out of both sides of the cross their are 2 inch outlets for everyhing else

I have about 30 of them laying in the dust bin.....

only about 30 years old.....still fresh.........sch 40 pvc

let me know
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2007