Where can I find an over-size surround 64" length replacement for my bathroom?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by johnjmcg, Sep 11, 2011.

1. johnjmcg

johnjmcg New Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Westborough, NY
    Do any major retailers or manufacturers have surrounds for my 64" tub area. The old one cracked and I need a good PVC type replacement with a few shelves. Thank you. John M from MA
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2011
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Sep 2, 2004
    Retired Systems engineer for defense industry.
    New England
    Tubs are generally sold in 6" increments, rough-opening measured to the studs (not the finished walls), so it is highly unlikely that you have a 64" surround, it is almost certainly a 66" one. These are usually part of the tub, and not an add-on, so often are not available separately. Now, you could have something like a solid-surface one custom made out of Corian, Silestone, etc. any size you want. If your tub model is still being made (unlikely), you might be able to buy a direct replacement for it, but parts costs may be as much as a whole new tub. The alternative would be to possibly tile the area, but it may be less expensive to just replace the tub with a new one and its matching surround.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement