Where can I find an over-size surround 64" length replacement for my bathroom?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by johnjmcg, Sep 11, 2011.

1. johnjmcg

johnjmcg New Member

Do any major retailers or manufacturers have surrounds for my 64" tub area. The old one cracked and I need a good PVC type replacement with a few shelves. Thank you. John M from MA
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2011
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Tubs are generally sold in 6" increments, rough-opening measured to the studs (not the finished walls), so it is highly unlikely that you have a 64" surround, it is almost certainly a 66" one. These are usually part of the tub, and not an add-on, so often are not available separately. Now, you could have something like a solid-surface one custom made out of Corian, Silestone, etc. any size you want. If your tub model is still being made (unlikely), you might be able to buy a direct replacement for it, but parts costs may be as much as a whole new tub. The alternative would be to possibly tile the area, but it may be less expensive to just replace the tub with a new one and its matching surround.