What to watch for with pex?

Users who are viewing this thread

Bpetey

Reaction score
Thanks Peter, Does it take long for the tubing to shrink back onto the fitting? copper or pex from meter to house? 30feet or so.

Bpetey

Reaction score
I plan on re plumbing my 1920 home with pex.I had a plumber come to give me an estimate but he never came back with a estimated price. 3 years later and I Plan on doing it myself. I found a kit for $350 that would do my little house.I also plan on using a manifold.the kit is hydro pex crimp style system and I was looking at a magnabloc 14 port manifold $99. I also see a uponor kit (expansion) for $550. I plan on all of the pex and manifold to be installed under my house I live in California near Sacramento. Our weather is mostly mild during winter (maybe a total of 1 week below 32 for the entire winter. My questions are: Is one system superior over the other?, Is it ok to have the manifold in the crawl space under the house?, Is it better to run copper up through the walls for stub out or use pex? What brand manifold to use? I have a need for 6 cold water supplies and 5 hot water supplies not including 2 outside faucets.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks