What size water softener should I get (twin,single, etc...) ?

Users who are viewing this thread

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
LOL, this is a fun thread to reread.

As to your questions re: your settings, lets start with your hardness. How did you come to the setting of 20 GPG? Did you test the water with a real test kit?

BF set to 10 minutes with the green stickered .125 BLFC, you would need about 2.7 gallons of refill or 22 minutes. Please confirm it I .125 gpm, not sure where you got grams from...

FYI, the green sticker is rarely used on the 5600 series, but... that doesn't mean it was not, just saying...

8 pounds = 24,000 Grains capacity, 8/3/.125=21.33 minutes...

ByteMe

Semi-Pure awesomeness!
Reaction score
I have 7 people and 4 bathrooms with 3 high flow shower heads.

Ok people. Not knowing the specifics of the water outlets, wouldn't the maximum used flow rate be around 18gpm (using all 3 high flow showers, then adding a washer and dish washer) ?

Wouldn't a 3 cuft system be sized better?

Oh, and long time no see... did lurk a few times.

Reach4

Reaction score
I have 7 people and 4 bathrooms with 3 high flow shower heads.

Ok people. Not knowing the specifics of the water outlets, wouldn't the maximum used flow rate be around 18gpm (using all 3 high flow showers, then adding a washer and dish washer) ?

The 2014 responses are to a Feb 2015 poster who resurrected the thread possibly thinking there was some relevance to the 2012 postings. The quote you made was from 2012 from a poster who has been gone since 2012, and had no relevance to the 2015 postings.

Last edited:

ByteMe

Semi-Pure awesomeness!
Reaction score
And since when did being relevant have anything to do with it?

Ok, I go back to my closet.

Reach4

Reaction score
LOL, I hate these threads that get brought back from the dead, too much reading to figure stuff out.

I think there is a good time for that at times -- where the situation is nearly like the rest of the thread and the thread is cohesive. This was not close to one of those times.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks