What I found on boiler warranties

Users who are viewing this thread

Netmouse

Reaction score
I was trying to figure out why this and another forum is not answering my questions on purchasing extended boiler warranties. As mentioned the manufacturer will not sell an extended warranty direct to the customer but only through a vendor. I have since received replies to my inquiry from 2 major vendors/contractors. One is the original installer, one is the service company for the gas utility.

The answer is - surprise, surprise - no one wants to sell extended warranties. They make more money selling their own annual service contracts. One said that beyond their service contract, if a major part does need replacement under the longer manufacturer warranty, they would bill me the labor which rate is almost $200. As we know, extended warranties include labor and parts. Vendors do not want that, they want to bill for labor.

Got it, follow the money.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks