Wet bar.... drain pump

Users who are viewing this thread

MDJeepDad

Reaction score
Remodeling our basement and I am moving the bar. Current bar has a wet sink and is plumbed to house drain.
New bar will be on opposite wall about 14 feet away.
Sink is used infrequently- maybe 1 or twice a month....

So rather than the time, money, dust and mess of cutting 14 plus feet of concrete and running new drain I am thinking of installing a drain pump in the sink base to discharge the waste water up into the ceiling and back down to existing drain at original location. I have plenty of room in the ceiling to run drain and extend the vent.

Does anyone have experience with this type of set up? What is a quality pump system? What costs can I expect for pump. What size vent and pipe do I need to plan for in the ceiling? I'm guessing that the pressure drain line will be small but how small- 3/4? full size vent 1 1/2"? I assume Ill need a dedicated circuit for the pump.
Does anyone have experience with these pumps that don't get regular use... do they have problems?

appreciate comments concerns what to watch for etc...

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
I have been using the Liberty 404 for several years and have had no issues. You will need a min. 1-1/2" drain and vents, as there are no approved smaller sizes.

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
Did a service call on a bar sink with pump, a while back. I was told that it was very rarely used. A small Zoeller pump with a captive float switch, if I recall correctly. There was a good bit of hardened stuff all on the pump and inside the tank. I worked the switch up and down and got it to function, then ran it through maybe fifteen cycles. I reported it fixed to the customer.

Not so fast there, Ace. They called me back a week later and it was fried; had to replace it after all.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks