Well Water Newbie

Users who are viewing this thread

OZ324

Reaction score
Just bought a 12 year old house with a well. It has a softener already and what I think is a spin down sediment filter before the pressure tank. It's missing the cartridge, how do I know which cartridge to purchase for replacement? Are these types of sediment filters good, or should I invest in something better?

I don't have any foul smells, taste or discoloration.

Thanks in advance.

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
Where is the pressure switch mounted? You NEVER want to have a filter before the pressure switch because if and when the filter plugs, the pressure switch won't be able to sense the increased pressure causing the pump to continue to run. A large enough pump set in a deep well full of water will make enough pressure to blow pipes apart and can even rupture a tank and turn it into a small rocket.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks